Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wi-Fi Stuck; keep saying "Saved"

Tip us?

techcaptain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Exclamation [Q] Wi-Fi Stuck; keep saying "Saved"

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S III Korean Version (SHV-E210S).
(NOTE: I HAVE NO CELLULAR CONNECTION)

Before I rooted my phone; Wi-Fi was working just perfectly running on NA2 (Jelly Bean).

Then I rooted it, installed CWM Recovery and then I installed Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM by Temasek.
Then while setting up CyanogenMod, it asked me for an account. It told me to sign up for an account so I pressed on sign-up. It asked me for an internet connection. I chose my Wi-Fi, and I entered my password. It just says Saved and when I tap connect, it shows Connecting... for about half a second and it still says Saved.

I have rebooted, have tried a factory reset/cache reset/reset dalvik and still not working....

I have also tried a different random password and it still says Saved. Does the same thing.

When I try it with different routers, still same.

Also, when I connect, I am right next to the router, signal says Strong. I typed password and changed to "Weak" signal.

Any help?

Thanks

AASonyKK
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcaptain View Post

Before I rooted my phone; Wi-Fi was working just perfectly running on NA2 (Jelly Bean).

Then I rooted it, installed CWM Recovery and then I installed Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM by Temasek.
Then while setting up CyanogenMod, it asked me for an account. It told me to sign up for an account so I pressed on sign-up. It asked me for an internet connection. I chose my Wi-Fi, and I entered my password. It just says Saved and when I tap connect, it shows Connecting... for about half a second and it still says Saved.

I have rebooted, have tried a factory reset/cache reset/reset dalvik and still not working....

I have also tried a different random password and it still says Saved. Does the same thing.

Also, when I connect, I am right next to the router, signal says Strong. I typed password and changed to "Weak" signal.

Any help?

Thanks
Seems like a bug on your ROM, have you tried to report your problem to the developer?
If you need to take notes organized and safely encrypted with password check my new application Note Crypt!

pandian8552
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Info 2 solution

hi friend,
goto settings/wifi/ there you long press your wifi connection
then a popup window opens in that select "Modify network config"
in that tick "show advanced options"
in that you can see "ip settings" click it CHOOSE "static"
there set the ip address(192.168.1.5),gateway(192.168.1.1), network prefix length(24),DNS 1(192.168.1.1) ,DNS2(4.4.4.4)
then save it no it shows connected

or you try installing another rom it may me a bug

unremarkableguy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Any help?

Thanks
Ensure that you downloaded the correct version for your phone. Korean phone may not play nice with non-Korean roms. Also, try reflashing the rom.

techcaptain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandian8552 View Post
hi friend,
goto settings/wifi/ there you long press your wifi connection
then a popup window opens in that select "Modify network config"
in that tick "show advanced options"
in that you can see "ip settings" click it CHOOSE "static"
there set the ip address(192.168.1.5),gateway(192.168.1.1), network prefix length(24),DNS 1(192.168.1.1) ,DNS2(4.4.4.4)
then save it no it shows connected

or you try installing another rom it may me a bug
Umm... I don't see that.
Note: Remember, I'm running CyanogenMod.

techcaptain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by unremarkableguy View Post
Ensure that you downloaded the correct version for your phone. Korean phone may not play nice with non-Korean roms. Also, try reflashing the rom.
Do you mean by wiping the phone and then reinstalling the ROM, then kernel, and the Gapps or just install the Rom, then kernel, and the Gapps without wiping?

(or do you mean just wipe -> just install rom or no wipe -> install rom)?

unremarkableguy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Do you mean by wiping the phone and then reinstalling the ROM, then kernel, and the Gapps or just install the Rom, then kernel, and the Gapps without wiping?

(or do you mean just wipe -> just install rom or no wipe -> install rom)?
I think the kernel is included in cyanogenmod. I didn't think you needed to flash a kernel. Try reflashing without the kernel.

1. Check your downloads against their md5 values.
2. If that checks out then try reflashing everything, rom and gapps. (No kernel)
3. If that doesn't work, do a complete wipe and then reflash everything. (again, no kernel)
4. Try flashing a completely different rom (or an older version of cyanogenmod) and see if you have similar issues. If so, it may be a problem with the phone itself.

Tags
cyanogenmod, problem, stuck, wi-fi