Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prioritize wifi connections.

Tip us?

Larkspeed
Old
(Last edited by Larkspeed; 22nd April 2014 at 08:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Prioritize wifi connections.

I have a Samsung Note 3 running Kit Kat 4.4.2 Unrooted

For some reason the data connection rate is about a tenth on this phone than it was on my S3 using the same network, so bad in fact that most of the time it is unusable.

My current ISP provides wifi hotspots that cover the entire town I live in and most of the rest of the country.

Now these hotspots work great connecting anywhere up to 55 Mbps but they are not as fast as my home wifi connection.

What I am looking for is some way to prioritize the wifi connection so that when I am at home it connects to the home wifi and when I am away from home it connects to the hotspots.

As it sits now if I leave my house it will switch to the hotspot as soon as I drop out of range of my home wifi but it will not switch back when I come home.
Device: Samsung Note 3
Operator: HI NL
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Kitkat
HBOOT: Stock

chiiirag
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspeed View Post
I have a Samsung Note 3 running Kit Kat 4.4.2 Unrooted

For some reason the data connection rate is about a tenth on this phone than it was on my S3 using the same network, so bad in fact that most of the time it is unusable.

My current ISP provides wifi hotspots that cover the entire town I live in and most of the rest of the country.

Now these hotspots work great connecting anywhere up to 55 Mbps but they are not as fast as my home wifi connection.

What I am looking for is some way to prioritize the wifi connection so that when I am at home it connects to the home wifi and when I am away from home it connects to the hotspots.

As it sits now if I leave my house it will switch to the hotspot as soon as I drop out of range of my home wifi but it will not switch back when I come home.
checkout this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifiprioritizer
Hope you would get what you want

enjoy
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SN-900)

Past Phones
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Samsung Galaxy S2
Sony Xperia Sola
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro
Nokia E5
Samsung galaxy SLCD 4gb

Larkspeed
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for that but I had already tried that, it works fine on my wifes S3 but on my note 3 it does not seem to want to work properly, again it does it when I get out of range of the home network but switching back when I come home is very hit and miss, sometimes it will sometimes it won't and if I have to keep manually checking it then it kind of defeats the purpose of having it
Device: Samsung Note 3
Operator: HI NL
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Kitkat
HBOOT: Stock