Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] odin can't find my device...

Tip us?

manos_mand
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] odin can't find my device...

Hello... I break my device after playing with a rom and now the odin can't find my ace-i .. I have windows 8.1 and odin 3.7 .
I try to uninstall odin kies and samsung drivers and install it agen . I try use other cable and ... nothing . My device stop in kernel logo. Plizzzz help my

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos_mand View Post
Hello... I break my device after playing with a rom and now the odin can't find my ace-i .. I have windows 8.1 and odin 3.7 .
I try to uninstall odin kies and samsung drivers and install it agen . I try use other cable and ... nothing . My device stop in kernel logo. Plizzzz help my
If any of your friend or relatives has a Windows XP or Windows 7, try doing this in that machine. It works well on XP.
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manos_mand
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Why not with win 8.1 .? It write "use device not recognised"..
There are something rom orr anyrhing to install from cwm to save my device.? Anything withnot odin??

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos_mand View Post
Why not with win 8.1 .? It write "use device not recognised"..
There are something rom orr anyrhing to install from cwm to save my device.? Anything withnot odin??
Odin usually never works well with Windows 8 or 8.1. Well you can always install another custom rom for your device as long as you can access the CWM Recovery Mode. Odin is only used to flash back your Stock rom. Make sure the rom is for your device and not for another device as it could hard-brick your phone. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
(Last edited by xlSKYFiRElx; 25th April 2014 at 07:35 AM.) Reason: added info
Thanks Meter 2
are you using the Latest Version of Odin ?? .. if so, i encountered the same problem with my Ace-i under Windows 8.1 .. i recommend using Odin3 v1.84 .. i attached it below so you don't have to search it.

Download Stock ROM [i already provided Odin for you, so go out there and search it ]

1. Run as Admin
2. locate .pit file [included in .zip file]
3. set proper files

MODEM = PHONE
CSC = CSC
PDA = PDA

4. Boot Ace-i to Odin / Download Mode [Vol Up + Vol Down + Power]
5. Press Volume Up
6. Flash
7. Wait patiently [it took seconds for me to flash Stock ROM]
8. Reboot Device

now you're good

Hit Thanks if i helped
Attached Files
File Type: zip odin3_v1.87 for Galaxy Ace.zip - [Click for QR Code] (199.3 KB, 35 views)