Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How Do I turn It Off?

Tip us?

GoremanX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How Do I turn It Off?

My HTC One M8 is stuck at the bootloader. How do I turn it off? Holding the power button for an eternity does nothing.

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 730

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoremanX View Post
My HTC One M8 is stuck at the bootloader. How do I turn it off? Holding the power button for an eternity does nothing.
How do you know its in Bootloader ? If its in bootloader, should have something on screen ?

If its blank, then its stuck somwhere else ...
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4

GoremanX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you for totally not answering my question, which was "How do you turn it off?"

I found the answer anyways, I had to hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together for 10 seconds.

It was stuck in bootloader but the buttons were not moving the cursor or confirming any selections. I'm not a tard.

v-b-n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 730

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoremanX View Post
Thank you for totally not answering my question, which was "How do you turn it off?"

I found the answer anyways, I had to hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together for 10 seconds.

It was stuck in bootloader but the buttons were not moving the cursor or confirming any selections. I'm not a tard.
Wow.. What's with the attitude.. If this last line would have been in the OP, I wouldn't have posted my questions.. Not sure where you read bbetween my lines that I was being rude to you

Anyways good news that you recovered.. Have a nice day
Current Devices : HTC One, iPhone 5
Retired : HTC Diamond2, HTC HD2, HTC Sensation XE, HTC Sensation XL 16GB, Motorola Razr, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Xperia S, Xperia V, HOX+, HTC Butterfly, Galaxy S4