22nd April 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag IraQ
Thanks Meter: 19

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
hi all

why my device using to much memory check the pic plz ..
am on stock Rom 4.4.2 but rooted

http://www.gulfup.com/?wLwT4r
22nd April 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 320

1,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mmar3d

hi all

why my device using to much memory check the pic plz ..
am on stock Rom 4.4.2 but rooted

http://www.gulfup.com/?wLwT4r

Use a program like Android System Info to find what programs are running. If you are rooted just freeze the apps that are safe to freeze and you see running in the background.
22nd April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag IraQ
Thanks Meter: 19

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

Use a program like Android System Info to find what programs are running. If you are rooted just freeze the apps that are safe to freeze and you see running in the background.

am already using Greenfiy and Battery Doctor .. !
22nd April 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
Calgary
Thanks Meter: 40

111 posts
More
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Android utilize ram differently then most systems. Isn't free ram wasted ram in this case.

What I have been told is that the Android OS loads apps into memory as a way to speed up processing and increase battery life and automatically empties this ram when more ram is needed. This is done to optimize performance and battery life.

So even if you might not use a certain app, its still left in memory incase u do use it and to avoid random increases in processing power decreasing overall battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to balpreetsaini For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag Roatan - Bay Islands
Thanks Meter: 47

399 posts
More
You're RAM usage is perfectly fine
The Following User Says Thank You to pakalrtb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
what happen with the ram usage ? Is so normally .
Remember , android os system is a multitasking os.
So when you close the program it not totally close , still running in background .
The Following User Says Thank You to taysrat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 953

3,865 posts
More
Replace Touchwiz with Apex or Nova launcher, and kill as much bloatware as possible.

Touchwiz alone is 600MB.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 96

460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsaini

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Android utilize ram differently then most systems. Isn't free ram wasted ram in this case.

What I have been told is that the Android OS loads apps into memory as a way to speed up processing and increase battery life and automatically empties this ram when more ram is needed. This is done to optimize performance and battery life.

So even if you might not use a certain app, its still left in memory incase u do use it and to avoid random increases in processing power decreasing overall battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Yes, Android manages memory different way and it's stupid way to put it mildly. Unless I manually go and kill useless applications, they take up memory and many of those apps I never used and never ever will. And no matter what anybody tells you it takes time to clear memory for new programs to load and defragment it. Primary reason I had to root my phone to fix this idiocy and freeze or delete all the bloat since I was tired to force stop dozens of apps after each reboot. I won't even go into all other issues like when those programs run in the background wasting battery, use internet, or wake the phone from deep sleep.
And how on Earth loading and running never used apps in background optimizes performance and battery life?
Part of the reason they do that is "just in time" compilation, another stupid idea, which they just tried to fix in KK.
Just like others suggested OP could root and freeze/delete all the garbage he doesn't use and surprise, surprise the phone will run faster and battery will last longer.
25th April 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #9  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 953

3,865 posts
More
You don't need to root to remove most of the bloatware. I didn't, and mine averages around 1.2GB in use with Firefox, Facebook, Whatsapp, LWP, Zooper, Twitter and Gmail open. It boots to 700MB in use.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread