Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! water seeped through my phone!

OP digiknowzone

25th April 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
Hi guys, several days back,

As I was using my phone(C6903) in the water, regular stuff, water seeped through. The first signs were the fogging of the camera lens. What I did was turned of the phone and as soon as I could get my hands on some rice grains, set it there to dry up. Try switching on but just felt a vibration with a pattern of (Bzz-Bzz Bzz Bzz). I left it of to dry for 2 days until I got my hands on some Silica Gel.

Before replacing the rice with Silica Gel, I tried switching it on. And thankfully it did, had some swipe gesture problems at first, and then I switched it off again. Tried switching it on again, and it did. But this time, there was no swipe function. So I switched it off, opened the ports and surrounded it with the the silica gel packs inside a tupperware, and put the tupperware on a bigger tupperware with the rice.

Additional info:

- The same activities on the water is basically the exact same activities I did several months back.
- Not more than a month ago(2-3 weeks before the incident), I had my severed MicroUSB flap cover replaced in an official and authorized Xperia repair center.
- Phone has a lot of charge before the incident happened. So, right now, I'm not trying to charge it to avoid any chance of shorting.

Also, I'd be heading again to the Xperia repair center tomorrow, any suggestions or advice would be really really appreciated. Thanks guys!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread