Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Post Reply

Need Service Manual for Vivo

OP rqmok

21st April 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #1  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 358
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hey there guys.

I have been searching but I cannot find the service manual for the htc incredible s VIVO.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks.
22nd April 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #2  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 358
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
66 views but no replies.

I am building 3.4 kernel for vivo, but I need more information about the vivo. You can help by providing me the service manual and/or gpio table. Or any other information that you guys might have.

Thanks.
22nd April 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11,143
 
13,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
What do you want to know, someone might know
I never seen a service manual

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd April 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #4  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 358
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

What do you want to know, someone might know
I never seen a service manual

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I need to know the drivers that need to be installed into the kernel, but I think I will have to go through the original htc vivo kernel.

If there is no such thing as a service manual then that's ok.
22nd April 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #5  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11,143
 
13,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqmok

I need to know the drivers that need to be installed into the kernel, but I think I will have to go through the original htc vivo kernel.

If there is no such thing as a service manual then that's ok.

you mean which brands? Or what it needs to communicate with on the ROM side? Branding can be found in the current kernel source we have.

edit: seeing that you have cloned CAF, I think the best bet is to hack the board and specific vivio drivers from the 3.0.y kernel source to get them to work with 3.4.y. Changes such as ION etc make it difficult though.. plus the use of drivers like slimbus for media etc
Last edited by poondog; 22nd April 2014 at 11:53 AM.
22nd April 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #6  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 358
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

you mean which brands? Or what it needs to communicate with on the ROM side? Branding can be found in the current kernel source we have.

edit: seeing that you have cloned CAF, I think the best bet is to hack the board and specific vivio drivers from the 3.0.y kernel source to get them to work with 3.4.y. Changes such as ION etc make it difficult though.. plus the use of drivers like slimbus for media etc

Yeah. I can find everything in the kernel.

Actually, I was thinking that I should not use the drivers from the original kernel source. Rather, I should use pure drivers (if I can find them).
25th April 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #7  
rqmok's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 358
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Does anyone know the manufacturer and model of vivo's panel? I looked in the kernel and it has various panels (ie, sony, hitachi, sharp, etc.) and they don't even state the model of the panel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Incredible S General by ThreadRank