Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reverting to stock

Tip us?

pananza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Reverting to stock

I've been running non-stock firmwares (Cyanogenmod etc), but now I want to revert to stock. First I tried using PC companion, but it said something about my phone running modified software and did not want to have anything with it to do.

Then I installed what was supposed to be a "stock" FTF via Flashtool. Got what seems to be a stock rom, but I notice that the "software updates" app does not find anyting. None of those updates to walkman, album etc.

Tried PC companion again now that I was running "stock" firmware, but it still says I'm running modified software. Any takers on how to revert to a clean stock?
Sony Xperia Z1

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by pananza View Post
I've been running non-stock firmwares (Cyanogenmod etc), but now I want to revert to stock. First I tried using PC companion, but it said something about my phone running modified software and did not want to have anything with it to do.

Then I installed what was supposed to be a "stock" FTF via Flashtool. Got what seems to be a stock rom, but I notice that the "software updates" app does not find anyting. None of those updates to walkman, album etc.

Tried PC companion again now that I was running "stock" firmware, but it still says I'm running modified software. Any takers on how to revert to a clean stock?

Please goto
settings/about phone
and then tell me what it says in the kernel

If you have flashed a FTF you will be on stock because FTF means stock, there is no such thing as a Non-Stock FTF
However, your bootloader will still be unlocked so you shoule not accept OTA updates and PCCompanion will not work.

In order to use PCCompanion you should restore your TA backup (This will relock your bootloader) and then PCComapanion will work

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

pananza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Please goto
settings/about phone
and then tell me what it says in the kernel
3.4.0-perf-g6f5f40
BuildUser@BuildHost#1
Thr Mar 20 14:02:18 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
In order to use PCCompanion you should restore your TA backup (This will relock your bootloader) and then PCComapanion will work
What TA backup? I followed the instructions at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
Can't remember anything about a TA backup.

I did however perform a BLU "lock" with FlashTool, and it now says my bootloader is locked.
Sony Xperia Z1

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by pananza View Post
3.4.0-perf-g6f5f40
BuildUser@BuildHost#1
Thr Mar 20 14:02:18 2014
That's a stock kernel
Quote:
What TA backup?
D'oh! Its written all over the XDA guides about unlocking the bootloader.
Quote:
I followed the instructions at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
Can't remember anything about a TA backup.
It wont, as this is a XDA development, Sony's official position is that once you unlock you cannot relock officially
Quote:
I did however perform a BLU "lock" with FlashTool, and it now says my bootloader is locked.
That's not an official relock, there is no official relock, that was said on the official website
However, all over the XDA forums you are advised to make a TA backup before unlocking the bootloader, without pccompanion will never work for you.
You may as well leave your bootloader unlocked for ever..

Now.

If you want the latest stock firmware, just flash a FTF ending in 757 that is suitable for your phone

You will be on the latest release and this is how you will have to update from now on.

You should be aware of this from this page which is the official Sony warning about unlocking the bootloader.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

pananza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. Thanks for the answer. Not exactly what I hoped for, but I'll just flash the latest FTF's from now on.
Sony Xperia Z1