Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

[Q] S4 GT-I19505 wifi issue. "your Internet connection is unstable"

24th April 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I have recently upgraded my Samsung S4 to 4.4.2. I have discovered that my WiFi performance has reduced and frequently I am receiving message " your internet connection is unstable". I can observe that down arrow on wifi doesn't blink at that time. While on the same time other devices like Iphone, ipad, Laptop on the same WiFi are working fine. Can anyone help me in this regard.
24th April 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 555
 
1,807 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzakn

I have recently upgraded my Samsung S4 to 4.4.2. I have discovered that my WiFi performance has reduced and frequently I am receiving message " your internet connection is unstable". I can observe that down arrow on wifi doesn't blink at that time. While on the same time other devices like Iphone, ipad, Laptop on the same WiFi are working fine. Can anyone help me in this regard.

Dial *#1234# and attach screenshot pls
24th April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
Bodisson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks Meter: 36
 
937 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
I have the same issue from time to time. Non-rooted phone...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SGS 4 KK_r.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2706063  
25th April 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #4  
MrAndroid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 134
 
988 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodisson

I have the same issue from time to time. Non-rooted phone...

I think it's because too many devices are connected to the wifi router. I get this message as well when connected to uni's student wifi
25th April 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #5  
Bodisson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks Meter: 36
 
937 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Errr, no.
I have MAC filtering on my router (so no unnoticed intruders), and it happened when no more than 2 devices (SGS2 and SGS4) were connected...

Do I need to mention that SGS2 does NOT loose WiFi?
25th April 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
In your advanced settings for wifi un check auto network switch. i was experiencing the same issues and this has resolved it. Auto network switch monitors the quality of your wifi and if there are any issues on the wifi it will switch back to mobile internet. Can be a real pain.
25th April 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Dial *#1234# and attach screenshot pls

Screen shot is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-25-12-52-27.png
Views:	49
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2707700  
25th April 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andvoid

In your advanced settings for wifi un check auto network switch. i was experiencing the same issues and this has resolved it. Auto network switch monitors the quality of your wifi and if there are any issues on the wifi it will switch back to mobile internet. Can be a real pain.

this option is already unchecked, .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank