Samsung Micro USB adapter

Search This thread

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I bought official Samsung adapter from their website, it is the one specifically listed for the Tab 3 8. Here is how it's advertised:

This Micro USB to USB connection pocket-size device turns your Galaxy Tab into a USB host, allowing you to connect compatible USB accessory devices such as keyboards, mice, thumb drives and more to your Tab.

When it arrived yesterday, the manual lists two compatible devices: USB memory stick and a Samsung laser printer. Needless to say, I am very disappointed & hope I can return it.

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
As I well understand, you don't even try to connect mouse, keyboard via USB? Just give it a try. It should works. I don't have Samsung OTG cable, but owning a different brand and everything works(pendrives, mouse, keyboard).

Sorry if I misunderstand you

Wysłane z mojego SM-T310 przy użyciu Tapatalka

marek_poland

Aug 2, 2012
Torun
Do you have HDD with separate AC? If not you might never connect with that kind of HDD

Wysłane z mojego SM-T310 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hurrycanejohn

Aug 12, 2013
Mine works great I've connected a mouse, key board, thumb drive and camera without a problem
Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
LLoyd

I just tried my thumbdrive/OTG and it worked fine.
I then tried my Toshiba external hard drive, and it recognized it on the tablet, but
the external drive kept beeping, and I could not feel the drive spinning up. I took the external off
and plugged it into my computer and it worked fine.

Im wondering that since the external isn't powered with an adapter, but relies on the juice from
the source, maybe the tablet doesn't have enough to spin it up to work.

I don't have an external hard drive with a separate power source to check.

Could this be whats wrong ? I agree with Marek and think it needs the power source.

I haven't tried a wireless mouse and keyboard but will next.
Im using the StickMount APK also.

I did try a mouse - it works, but I see no value to that when I have a touch screen. I only got the adapter so I could watch movies from my Passport without having to copy them.

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
Good point about the 32gb limit. I got ahold of a external powered and will check it. Should know in about an.hour and will post the results.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
I plugged a 250gb powered external HD, that was on a Win 7 machine, into the OTG for my T310.

It recognized it, but came up as empty, and unsupported file system.
Since there was already stuff on it, I didn't want to format it or anything to see if
I could get further with it.
But it did recognize it as a drive. I don't know why it couldn't see anything on it though.

Im gonna see if I can get a 64gb thumbdrive and try that. I know the 32gb works.

Good point about the 32gb limit. I got ahold of a external powered and will check it. Should know in about an.hour and will post the results.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I plugged a 250gb powered external HD, that was on a Win 7 machine, into the OTG for my T310.

Since there was already stuff on it, I didn't want to format it or anything to see if
But it did recognize it as a drive. I don't know why it couldn't see anything on it though.

Im gonna see if I can get a 64gb thumbdrive and try that. I know the 32gb works.

My 32 gb worked fine, it's just not useful for the reason I bought the adapter. I really wanted stream, via the tablet, off my passport. Oh well. Stick it in a drawer & sell it with the tablet when the time comes.

tzenrick

External HDD

I've tested a WD MyBook 2TB external on my tab and it works fine. My hard drive was formatted as ext4 from my linux box and mounted up just fine. Data transfers as fast as you can write it.

External power is a must.

How long do you think that battery can spin a drive?

brokie

Nov 26, 2008
For the power supply: maybe an external powered USB hub? It won't be portable but it might work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all android devices dont support NTFS formated Drives out of the box.
    Second , most external usb hard drives require more than 500 milliamps to 1amp in order to work.

Solutions,
    Get ntfs support from the play store.
    Use external power supply for hard-drives.