FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

HELP! Absolutely CANNOT boot into CWM

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By AffectiveEffect, Member on 25th April 2014, 07:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I followed everything via this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2147852 and successfully flashed CWM to my GT-I8190.

The problem arises when I attempt to boot into recovery mode. Every time I attempt it, I am taken to the stock android recovery screen and not CWM. I've tried different versions of Odin... the touch version of CWM.. using a different computer... all to no avail.

I even downloaded Rom Manager thru Google Play and attempted to flash/update CWM from there (as it said it was, indeed, installed on my phone) but it wouldn't let me reboot the phone into recovery from Rom Manager - I imagine because I am not rooted.

I'm attempting to root my phone and flashing CWM is the first step. Like I said, the flash was, indeed, successful but the problem is that it always takes me into stock recovery instead of CWM.

Thanks in advanced, guys!
 
 
25th April 2014, 08:58 AM |#2  
moonryder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 382
 
More
try another custom recovery, for example this one.
Wait until Odin says "success" and then reboot into recovery via Vol+ Home and Power

m.
25th April 2014, 09:32 AM |#3  
AffectiveEffect's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

try another custom recovery, for example this one.
Wait until Odin says "success" and then reboot into recovery via Vol+ Home and Power

m.

Thanks! I downloaded the TWRP .zip file and extracted it only to find that there is no .tar file... only an image file... This won't work with Odin, will it?
25th April 2014, 09:36 AM |#4  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffectiveEffect

Thanks! I downloaded the TWRP .zip file and extracted it only to find that there is no .tar file... only an image file... This won't work with Odin, will it?

This zip file is a flashable zip for custom recoveries here for odin : http://get.novafusion.pl/?id=863

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900 using xda-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 09:40 AM |#5  
AffectiveEffect's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx

This zip file is a flashable zip for custom recoveries here for odin : http://get.novafusion.pl/?id=863

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900 using xda-developers app

Thanks, guys! I'll post back with my results.
25th April 2014, 09:51 AM |#6  
AffectiveEffect's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same deal, xXPR0T0TYPEXx... I extract the .zip to find merely an image file.. I tried it with Odin anyway but Odin will not recognize it.

Hmmmmm.... I may have to go with vROOT if you tell me it's safe to use.
25th April 2014, 09:55 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Another way of root is by flashing unsecure kernel. You can do it easily by Android Toolkit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gw|n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 11:18 AM |#8  
moonryder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 382
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffectiveEffect

Same deal, xXPR0T0TYPEXx... I extract the .zip to find merely an image file.. I tried it with Odin anyway but Odin will not recognize it.

Hmmmmm.... I may have to go with vROOT if you tell me it's safe to use.

donīt extract it, just flash the .tar via odin
25th April 2014, 11:58 AM |#9  
AffectiveEffect's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

donīt extract it, just flash the .tar via odin

The file that you download is a .zip file, not a .tar file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes