[Q] Kindle Fire HD Stuck Booting on TWRP Instead of Android

Search This thread

GogoplataMMA

Apr 21, 2014
OK the command has to be run while the device is off and disconnected, once it says waiting for device, plug the kindle in and it should work if the drivers are working. Linux is really easy to use with a kindle, it has the fastboot and adb drivers built in natively, only thing you need is the fastboot command from the Ubuntu repos if you are using Ubuntu, believe they were added to the repo in 13.10.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Well I would definitely try... but there's now a new issue. Kindle will not go on. At all. Completely shut down. It just gave up. I can't power it on at all. I know there's no coming back from that. I'm going to see if Amazon will replace it. Unless you know of another idea to get this working. I'm pretty sure I lost this baby though. :(

Thank you for being committed in helping me out. I guess something was just wrong that we couldn't control and it just crapped out. RIP Kindle Fire HD. And all of this started because of that stupid update I got for CyanogenMod! Err!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You sure the battery didn't just die? I mean without you flashing anything chances are the battery is just dead.

GogoplataMMA

Apr 21, 2014
You sure the battery didn't just die? I mean without you flashing anything chances are the battery is just dead.

Yup. Was on 80% juice last I used it and left it on the charger overnight. It crapped out. Amazon said they will send a new one though for free to replace this one. They said I am guaranteed to get it by the 27th. When I get the new one, would you like to walk me through it if I end up with an issue again? You've been a huge help.

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Sure I will help if I can, I finally landed a full time job, if everything goes as planned i start orientation on the 16th, so hopefully before then.

GogoplataMMA

Apr 21, 2014
Sure I will help if I can, I finally landed a full time job, if everything goes as planned i start orientation on the 16th, so hopefully before then.

Never mind, we're all good. New Kindle rooted and flashed perfectly. Only took 10 minutes before I had the Kit-Kat mod on it. My old one must have just been messed up somehow. It took some work, but I went now from CM9 to CM11. I created a backup after installing all my main apps and choosing my settings, so if I ever have to flash-fix the Kindle again, I'll just boot back to the CM11 with all my pre-installed apps.