Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is a Bugless Custom ROM?

Tip us?

subhashdas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Default What is a Bugless Custom ROM?

When i bought the device it had some basic functions like
1. making call
2. sending sms
3. sdcard support
4. Wifi
5. Bluetooth
6. GPS
7. OTG support

All the above in working conditions

Now a days there are many ROM developers who are working hard and providing us with some cool and some not so cool custom builds.

But most of them forget to test these before releasing them and claiming them to be Bugless where in fact they may have some problem related to the basic function like OTG, GPS, SDcard, Wifi or bluethooth.
even though the developers provide patches for these problem after some time, nevertheless these are bug in the rom. the developer should clearly mention the bugs and related patch in the opening post it self so that the new users can have a clear idea of what they are downloading.

Many a time i myself have download a rom sized 200mb to 300mb and after flashing i had to revert back to my old stable version rom within 10 to 15 mins after flashing the new rom. This is just a waste of my time and bandwidth.

I suggest that we should constitute a team of testers who test the new upcomming rom before they are released for the general public. so that the rom released i genuinely a bugless ROM.
This would not only save rom user time and bandwidth but also the reputation of the developers.
If I have Helped you.........
Don't Say Thanks...........
Hit it ..............

Micromax A110 user
New Mod every week

talhask
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashdas View Post
When i bought the device it had some basic functions like
1. making call
2. sending sms
3. sdcard support
4. Wifi
5. Bluetooth
6. GPS
7. OTG support

All the above in working conditions

Now a days there are many ROM developers who are working hard and providing us with some cool and some not so cool custom builds.

But most of them forget to test these before releasing them and claiming them to be Bugless where in fact they may have some problem related to the basic function like OTG, GPS, SDcard, Wifi or bluethooth.
even though the developers provide patches for these problem after some time, nevertheless these are bug in the rom. the developer should clearly mention the bugs and related patch in the opening post it self so that the new users can have a clear idea of what they are downloading.

Many a time i myself have download a rom sized 200mb to 300mb and after flashing i had to revert back to my old stable version rom within 10 to 15 mins after flashing the new rom. This is just a waste of my time and bandwidth.

I suggest that we should constitute a team of testers who test the new upcomming rom before they are released for the general public. so that the rom released i genuinely a bugless ROM.
This would not only save rom user time and bandwidth but also the reputation of the developers.
To me SLT TSUNAMI Advanced edition is most stable and bugless ROM i have ever tried

rancho.bloch1
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Tsunami is best rom ever i used

Sent from my A110 using xda app-developers app

Jayrockzz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
CanGalaxy S4 ROM v.3 is the best

ashwinonm
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thumbs up my fav rom

dude nestele kk 4.2 in devil droid is bugless.
no vioice unlocks and beaudio enhchancer
its simply amazing and u need to install xpse app that it.
that's the best rom my choice.and dark magic by dark droid
none of that other is bugless I hope and new rom which is posted bugleees but has bug

hit thanks if useful