Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] How to Downgrade from KK to JB S-OFF Required

Tip us?

rudyp9
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjoshdew View Post
DUDE, you are FREAKING AWESOME! After trying and failing so many times by using different RUU's, zip's, and etc...

You're guide got my HTC One back to 4.3!

I can't get mine to flash did you renamed the whole folder to rom.zip?

mcerk02
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
Okay Guys. here is a guide how to downgrade back to JB from using KK. You will need to be S-OFF and also will to have a locked or relocked bootloader. and just follow my steps. You will need adb and fastboot and you will need the 3.05.651.6 decrypted you will find the file here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576995

(1) From fastboot you need to first re-lock your bootloader. using this command
fastboot oem lock
then you reboot your device into bootloader. make sure your device shows relocked or locked on top of the screen. once you see that then go to step #2

(2) now type this command fastboot oem rebootRUU after that you should see black screen with green HTC logo.
if you got this far go to step #3

(3) now the file you downloaded please rename it too rom.zip (make sure you have it named correctly) my advice i would just found the file you downloaded and right click it and look for rename and i would just type the word rom and hit enter to ensure it is correct. If you did that go to step #4

(4) Now, type this command fastboot flash zip rom.zip , let it run it course during the process you will see this message . " pre hboot 90 " if you see that then just press the up arrow on the keyboard and press enter and let the process run again and then let it run it will flush your device at this point and will lose everything on your storage. once you have done that sit back 10-20 mins. and wait for the process to finish. after that go to Step #5

(5) type this command in command prompt fastboot reboot-bootloader and press enter . Once your at bootloader menu select factory reset and press power button and let it do reset and when it done. your device will reboot and your done.

Credits - Go to O.M.J for the files

P.S. Hopefully this will help you for anyone that needs this.
Forgive me if I am missing something, but if you are S-off I thought you could flash any RUU you wanted to, and even if you can't, if you want jellybean, why not just flash a jellybean rom?

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Okay Guys. here is a guide how to downgrade back to JB from using KK. You will need to be S-OFF and also will to have a locked or relocked bootloader. and just follow my steps. You will need adb and fastboot and you will need the 3.05.651.6 decrypted you will find the file here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576995

fastboot oem lock
then you reboot your device into bootloader. make sure your device shows relocked or locked on top of the screen. once you see that then go to step #2

(2) now type this command fastboot oem rebootRUU after that you should see black screen with green HTC logo.

(3) now the file you downloaded please rename it too rom.zip (make sure you have it named correctly) my advice i would just found the file you downloaded and right click it and look for rename and i would just type the word rom and hit enter to ensure it is correct. If you did that go to step #4

(4) Now, type this command fastboot flash zip rom.zip , let it run it course during the process you will see this message . " pre hboot 90 " if you see that then just press the up arrow on the keyboard and press enter and let the process run again and then let it run it will flush your device at this point and will lose everything on your storage. once you have done that sit back 10-20 mins. and wait for the process to finish. after that go to Step #5

(5) type this command in command prompt fastboot reboot-bootloader and press enter . Once your at bootloader menu select factory reset and press power button and let it do reset and when it done. your device will reboot and your done.

Thanks to you and O.M.J.!! I am S-Off and failed when I tried to just RUU but your method worked great without a hiccup. Thanks for the guiding hand!

Doc

raclimja
Old
Thanks Meter 41
is it possible to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.2?

Cmos_Cat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me please

Quote:

fastboot oem lock

HI I am havving a really hard time doing this .... everything worked till step 3 and i got this message in dos please help me if you can

C:\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.047s]
finished. total time: 0.047s

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip rom.zip
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
error: cannot load 'rom.zip'

what does that mean???? please help me its an htc one sprint

tommyjoesanders
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 410

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmos_Cat View Post
HI I am havving a really hard time doing this .... everything worked till step 3 and i got this message in dos please help me if you can

C:\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.047s]
finished. total time: 0.047s

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip rom.zip
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
error: cannot load 'rom.zip'

what does that mean???? please help me its an htc one sprint
Might be bad download you got. try to re download rom.zip