Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ram Usage

Tip us?

genelise
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Ram Usage

I disabled alot of bloatware and always close applications but i need a substantial ram usage and wanted to know if this was normal.
Phone isnt slow or anything, but i thought this looked like it was using more then i expected

check screen below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tklwz262...4-21-54-53.png

GeorgeP
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by genelise View Post
I disabled alot of bloatware and always close applications but i need a substantial ram usage and wanted to know if this was normal.
Phone isnt slow or anything, but i thought this looked like it was using more then i expected

check screen below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tklwz262...4-21-54-53.png
That is normal. Lower RAM usage means increased lag. Higher RAM usage means reduced lag. Disabling apps ("bloatware" or otherwise) has almost no impact on RAM usage.

When RAM usage is high, that means the OS is doing it's job and teeing up all the apps you are likely to run next. If those apps were not ready to go and waiting in RAM, they would need to be loaded into RAM first, which causes lag.

genelise
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
That is normal. Lower RAM usage means increased lag. Higher RAM usage means reduced lag. Disabling apps ("bloatware" or otherwise) has almost no impact on RAM usage.

When RAM usage is high, that means the OS is doing it's job and teeing up all the apps you are likely to run next. If those apps were not ready to go and waiting in RAM, they would need to be loaded into RAM first, which causes lag.

thanks for the information. The phone is defiantly not slow and didnt think it was a major issue unless it affected performance.

s5 is great