Ram Usage

25th April 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
I disabled alot of bloatware and always close applications but i need a substantial ram usage and wanted to know if this was normal.
Phone isnt slow or anything, but i thought this looked like it was using more then i expected

check screen below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tklwz262...4-21-54-53.png
25th April 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 88

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genelise

I disabled alot of bloatware and always close applications but i need a substantial ram usage and wanted to know if this was normal.
Phone isnt slow or anything, but i thought this looked like it was using more then i expected

check screen below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5tklwz262...4-21-54-53.png

That is normal. Lower RAM usage means increased lag. Higher RAM usage means reduced lag. Disabling apps ("bloatware" or otherwise) has almost no impact on RAM usage.

When RAM usage is high, that means the OS is doing it's job and teeing up all the apps you are likely to run next. If those apps were not ready to go and waiting in RAM, they would need to be loaded into RAM first, which causes lag.
25th April 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeP

That is normal. Lower RAM usage means increased lag. Higher RAM usage means reduced lag. Disabling apps ("bloatware" or otherwise) has almost no impact on RAM usage.

When RAM usage is high, that means the OS is doing it's job and teeing up all the apps you are likely to run next. If those apps were not ready to go and waiting in RAM, they would need to be loaded into RAM first, which causes lag.

thanks for the information. The phone is defiantly not slow and didnt think it was a major issue unless it affected performance.

s5 is great
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread