Device screen wont turn on after modifying build.prop

OP elFahd

23rd April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 9

272 posts
More
Hey guys, I think this is my first brick in 7 years after tinkering with my devices nonstop, and now I really need your help.
I was tired of having my screen flicker all the time and having to disable hw overlay every hour, so I found a thread where they indicated what you need to modify in order to not have to tick that option always, after doing that (I backed up my build.prop and my rom before) I cant access CWM anymore, the only thing I can access is download mode (Odin) I tried to re-flash CWM it didnt work, I tried to unzip a 4.4.2 rom then rezip it as .tar (I got odin stopped working) I can hear my whatsapp ringing but the screen just doesnt turn on anymore. I was using CandyKat-Uber-v1.3.1-20140406-quincyatt
as of now I dont know wat to do.
Any suggestion to remodify my original build.prop or maybe flash it thru odin or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys!
23rd April 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Put the phone in download mode. Then in kies do a firmware recovery and initialization. It will make your phone stock. Then Odin cwm and rom again.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #3  
Olympia, WA
Thanks Meter: 74

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elFahd

Hey guys, I think this is my first brick in 7 years after tinkering with my devices nonstop, and now I really need your help.
I was tired of having my screen flicker all the time and having to disable hw overlay every hour, so I found a thread where they indicated what you need to modify in order to not have to tick that option always, after doing that (I backed up my build.prop and my rom before) I cant access CWM anymore, the only thing I can access is download mode (Odin) I tried to re-flash CWM it didnt work, I tried to unzip a 4.4.2 rom then rezip it as .tar (I got odin stopped working) I can hear my whatsapp ringing but the screen just doesnt turn on anymore. I was using CandyKat-Uber-v1.3.1-20140406-quincyatt
as of now I dont know wat to do.
Any suggestion to remodify my original build.prop or maybe flash it thru odin or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys!

Once you get it back up use the ROM patch in the Beanstalk thread to fix flicker and other problems. It has always done it for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread