New Forums Created for Windows 10 Development

Microsoft, looking to be a player in the game of giants with their recent announcement of … more

T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy Light No OS installed!

OP noggin9797

25th April 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by noggin9797; 25th April 2014 at 03:26 AM.
25th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Mufrad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 63
 
296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

You formatted your whole device.... Go to sammobile website, download firmware for your device and flash using Odin.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]
25th April 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #3  
gtsip's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 11
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

Since you have installed already TWRP, you have nothing to fear. Through TWRP and ADB drivers you can copy a new ROM zip file to your phone and install it.
Last edited by gtsip; 25th April 2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: info change
25th April 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...
25th April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 611
 
3,209 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700
25th April 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700

How do I switch to CWM? I am fairly new to this...
25th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 611
 
3,209 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=560

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-light
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes