Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Light No OS installed!

OP noggin9797

25th April 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by noggin9797; 25th April 2014 at 03:26 AM.
25th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 59

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

You formatted your whole device.... Go to sammobile website, download firmware for your device and flash using Odin.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]
25th April 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 11

24 posts
More
Quote:

Since you have installed already TWRP, you have nothing to fear. Through TWRP and ADB drivers you can copy a new ROM zip file to your phone and install it.
Last edited by gtsip; 25th April 2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: info change
25th April 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...
25th April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 585

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700
25th April 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700

How do I switch to CWM? I am fairly new to this...
25th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 585

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=560

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread