Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Busted charging port

Tip us?

JesseK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Busted charging port

I would be amazed if I were the only one who's charging port on my Asus Transformer Prime TF201 was busted.

Just wanted to verify with you guys if this is what I need to replace it:
http://www.a4c.com/product/asus-tran...lex-cable.html

Attached is a picture of the port.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140423_085700.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	2706318  

Tomb77
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseK View Post
I would be amazed if I were the only one who's charging port on my Asus Transformer Prime TF201 was busted.

Just wanted to verify with you guys if this is what I need to replace it:
http://www.a4c.com/product/asus-tran...lex-cable.html

Attached is a picture of the port.

Thanks
If none are broke, you may be able to try and carefully bend them back first, otherwise it looks like what you need. Maybe look up youtube disassemble videos also, if you have never done it before. Good luck.
t999
SlimKat

Multiboot Roms (TWRP 2.7 w/multiboot & Ubuntu Touch support) Why wait for a backup!:
LiguidSmooth
C-Rom
& some other random rom
tf201
TWRP 2.7 F2FS
GEASS Kernel F2FS
SlimKAT 4.4 for tf300t
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomb77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JesseK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb77 View Post
If none are broke, you may be able to try and carefully bend them back first, otherwise it looks like what you need. Maybe look up youtube disassemble videos also, if you have never done it before. Good luck.
Bent a few back, that worked for a while... But this most recent time, I know I broke at least one off. Next ones I try to bend back will probably break.

Tomb77
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseK View Post
Bent a few back, that worked for a while... But this most recent time, I know I broke at least one off. Next ones I try to bend back will probably break.
Definitely have to replace it. You may want to buy the disassemble kit also, otherwise I think a guitar pick may work. Again, if you haven't dissembled your prime before, check out some YouTube tutorials so you know what all you need just to disassemble and reassemble it. I would think that replacing the part once inside shouldn't be to difficult.
t999
SlimKat

Multiboot Roms (TWRP 2.7 w/multiboot & Ubuntu Touch support) Why wait for a backup!:
LiguidSmooth
C-Rom
& some other random rom
tf201
TWRP 2.7 F2FS
GEASS Kernel F2FS
SlimKAT 4.4 for tf300t

JesseK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb77 View Post
Definitely have to replace it. You may want to buy the disassemble kit also, otherwise I think a guitar pick may work. Again, if you haven't dissembled your prime before, check out some YouTube tutorials so you know what all you need just to disassemble and reassemble it. I would think that replacing the part once inside shouldn't be to difficult.
Already ordered that, but good looking out