Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Silence, unexpected.

Tip us?

Ruud Westerhout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Silence, unexpected.

Hello all,

Have this baby since Dec. 2013 when I swapped it from a broken one.
Has been running since, no problems, no root, no unlock, all well.
Switched it to power off before a trip and wanted to power back on in airplane, no nothing, silence.
Long press, vol down + power, up + power, no change at all. Charging shows keyboard is full, no light on tablet. Connection to PC also nada.

Any ideas?

Ruud

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
In use:
HTC One
Asus TF700
On the shelf:
HTC Desire HD, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal
Rest in pieces:
HTC One X+

Ruud Westerhout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Well I'll be damned. Brought it to Asus. First off they told me that the tablet purchased in Holland does not have warranty in Russia, so I am to pay myself. I paid for a diagnose, so at least they tell me what's wrong. The result is, they told me the screen is completely to be renewed. My disagreement with this is simple. The screen goes dead and also no light is showing the charging status? The screen is dead but the device works, no way, then I should feel a vibration on power-on, because I power it down. The screen is dead and why does the HDMI not give output either?

So my question to You guys here, is this really possible ?

I disagree to pay 200 Euro's for a device still in warranty for a display repair, so I will have it returned to Holland and do warranty there, but I am really pissed with this.

AND, what a beaty to keep the nicely fitting TF700T in my hands again, it does not have the crazy connection between keyboard and tablet, this was SOOO much better.

Regards,
Ruud

In use:
HTC One
Asus TF700
On the shelf:
Rest in pieces:
HTC One X+

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Westerhout View Post
Well I'll be damned. Brought it to Asus. First off they told me that the tablet purchased in Holland does not have warranty in Russia, so I am to pay myself. I paid for a diagnose, so at least they tell me what's wrong. The result is, they told me the screen is completely to be renewed. My disagreement with this is simple. The screen goes dead and also no light is showing the charging status? The screen is dead but the device works, no way, then I should feel a vibration on power-on, because I power it down. The screen is dead and why does the HDMI not give output either?

So my question to You guys here, is this really possible ?

I disagree to pay 200 Euro's for a device still in warranty for a display repair, so I will have it returned to Holland and do warranty there, but I am really pissed with this.

AND, what a beaty to keep the nicely fitting TF700T in my hands again, it does not have the crazy connection between keyboard and tablet, this was SOOO much better.

Regards,
Ruud

TF701 doesn't have vibration.....
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

Ruud Westerhout
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Hello Darren,

not only do I seem do mix up my devices, I also do not seem to control them all, I was sure I reacted to this already. Yet, in Tapatalk I see your message is the last.

Sorry for mixing them up, it must be my HTC One which is 'waking me up' with a vibrate instead.

Yesterday I received my TF701T back from the local Asus Premium Service and I 'am not too impressed'.

To give You an idea of my bad feeling:
I gave a device which did not give any reaction at all, to whatever I do.
1)I was returned a device which shows the charging orange led, they must have changed something.
2)the charging light does not turn off, even after a complete night charging
3)touching the power button now turns on the display backlight, it can easily be noticed it bad light, it certainly did not do that before (I would have known I have a display problem).
-There are some scratches on the devices back which were not there before. Nothing to be angry about, but not made by me. The front is full of fingerprints, also certainly not how I gave it to them.

So, did I get something else back? I certainly have that feeling, but will probably never be able to show this. Do I judge this 'Premium Service', certainly not. I would have expected better care and an explanation on the changes.
The diagnose just says 'LCD Module needs to be exchanged'. My question as to 'why' was not answered, we do not do such diagnose.

My question 'if this would have been warranty, would it have been a Russian purchased device' was answered, 100% for sure. But as I have purchased it in Holland they are forced to deny the warranty. I would have to pay 213 Euro next to the 20 Euro I already paid for the diagnose. I decided to return the device to Holland for warranty repair instead. A new device including the Eng/Rus keyboard would be just double the price of the repair and makes it quite unrealistic to me.

Next to explaining this whole situation and providing copies of the documents given by Asus Premium Service here, when I give it away in Holland, anything else I should do?, other proposals ?

Ruud

In use:
HTC One
Asus TF700
On the shelf:
Rest in pieces:
HTC One X+

malos1984
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Westerhout View Post
Hello Darren,

not only do I seem do mix up my devices, I also do not seem to control them all, I was sure I reacted to this already. Yet, in Tapatalk I see your message is the last.

Sorry for mixing them up, it must be my HTC One which is 'waking me up' with a vibrate instead.

Yesterday I received my TF701T back from the local Asus Premium Service and I 'am not too impressed'.

To give You an idea of my bad feeling:
I gave a device which did not give any reaction at all, to whatever I do.
1)I was returned a device which shows the charging orange led, they must have changed something.
2)the charging light does not turn off, even after a complete night charging
3)touching the power button now turns on the display backlight, it can easily be noticed it bad light, it certainly did not do that before (I would have known I have a display problem).
-There are some scratches on the devices back which were not there before. Nothing to be angry about, but not made by me. The front is full of fingerprints, also certainly not how I gave it to them.

So, did I get something else back? I certainly have that feeling, but will probably never be able to show this. Do I judge this 'Premium Service', certainly not. I would have expected better care and an explanation on the changes.
The diagnose just says 'LCD Module needs to be exchanged'. My question as to 'why' was not answered, we do not do such diagnose.

My question 'if this would have been warranty, would it have been a Russian purchased device' was answered, 100% for sure. But as I have purchased it in Holland they are forced to deny the warranty. I would have to pay 213 Euro next to the 20 Euro I already paid for the diagnose. I decided to return the device to Holland for warranty repair instead. A new device including the Eng/Rus keyboard would be just double the price of the repair and makes it quite unrealistic to me.

Next to explaining this whole situation and providing copies of the documents given by Asus Premium Service here, when I give it away in Holland, anything else I should do?, other proposals ?

Ruud

waste of time if you ask me. i sent mine twice now, just got it back and now the sd card inthe dock doesn`t work immediately noticed.

It just mounts un mounts over and over formatted the sd and tested other devices \. so hey failed to repair.

I have now demanded a new one but asus still say only repair..

well i have owned the device for 5 months and they have had it for 3 month of that time......

not to mention they didn`t fix the issues it already had. even though claiming they replaced the board.

and i can see the keyboard has marks along the side as if the repairer couldn`t open it and damaged the plastic seals.

so i have escalated this and refused to repair a third time. i said send me a new one and i will send you my faulty one. otherwise i go to the fair trade for a complaint here.

Also several people on the forum have tricked themselves into believing this tablet is now great and no issues because they are using software better than the poorly delivered asus version.

yet when i read over their posts from the return from repair at asus they stated it still disconnects on occasions.

Well i`m sorry for being negative but while yes the device does have great specs and looks nice and should have been a top market seller, ASUS delivery of build quality destroyed any chance of that.

The lack of any dev except from 2 people shows just how poor this device is. compared to the tf700 which was terrible in io and had tons of people complaining yet it still received alot of development comparative to this device.

best of luck on your warranty adventures. lets hope Holland has more competent repairers than most other countries.

Rikodu
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by malos1984 View Post
waste of time if you ask me. i sent mine twice now, just got it back and now the sd card inthe dock doesn`t work immediately noticed.

It just mounts un mounts over and over formatted the sd and tested other devices \. so hey failed to repair.

I have now demanded a new one but asus still say only repair..

well i have owned the device for 5 months and they have had it for 3 month of that time......

not to mention they didn`t fix the issues it already had. even though claiming they replaced the board.

and i can see the keyboard has marks along the side as if the repairer couldn`t open it and damaged the plastic seals.

so i have escalated this and refused to repair a third time. i said send me a new one and i will send you my faulty one. otherwise i go to the fair trade for a complaint here.

Also several people on the forum have tricked themselves into believing this tablet is now great and no issues because they are using software better than the poorly delivered asus version.

yet when i read over their posts from the return from repair at asus they stated it still disconnects on occasions.

Well i`m sorry for being negative but while yes the device does have great specs and looks nice and should have been a top market seller, ASUS delivery of build quality destroyed any chance of that.

The lack of any dev except from 2 people shows just how poor this device is. compared to the tf700 which was terrible in io and had tons of people complaining yet it still received alot of development comparative to this device.

best of luck on your warranty adventures. lets hope Holland has more competent repairers than most other countries.
Again and again, people never get tired..... I am using stock, with no problem... and I do not have to say it everytime someone has a problem. For the 10000000000000000000 time, unlike those who have a problem, those who dont will not post!!!! Regarding the development.. it is called devlopment... what are you lookinf for to develop? And if you think that developing is lacking because of the problems the tablet has, have a look on the samsung note2014... except if you think it has too, problems!
DHD with CM 11 | Dev - Mustaavalkosta
Radio: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M
4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1

Asus TF701 with Dock - Official CM11 Nightlies/Cromi-X

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikodu View Post
Again and again, people never get tired..... I am using stock, with no problem... and I do not have to say it everytime someone has a problem. For the 10000000000000000000 time, unlike those who have a problem, those who dont will not post!!!! Regarding the development.. it is called devlopment... what are you lookinf for to develop? And if you think that developing is lacking because of the problems the tablet has, have a look on the samsung note2014... except if you think it has too, problems!
+1
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

Ruud Westerhout
Old
(Last edited by Ruud Westerhout; 25th April 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks guys for your opinions.
I have had the device back now for 2-3 days and it is charging continuously, the orange light never changes to green.
The changes of the device after the diagnose are so noticable that I am just wondering:
-did I get my device back or another one?
-did they replace my display for a broken one?
-did they remove or exchange the battery while they had it open?
As the device has no serial on the outside any of the above are possible.
Does any of You have an email from Asus where I could inform about what happened, before the device is even send to Holland again.

Edit: Even one more difference. If I connect it through USB with my PC and use Volume-Down + Power to switch it one, the PC is recognizing, installing a driver and comes back with ASUS Android Bootloader Interface (Device driver software installed successfully)

For the pro's, is there any way I could get to 'talk to the device' and see its content?

Over the weekend I am to try to connect through HDMI if I can see inside.

Regards,
Ruud

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
In use:
HTC One
Asus TF700
On the shelf:
Rest in pieces:
HTC One X+