Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Just rooted my tmo s4

OP dr69

24th April 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

122 posts
More
Ok i think something went wrong while trying to factor y restore muy s4, cause i restored it but when i went to muy internal storage al previos files were still there. So when i try reseting it through the phone settings the recovery hangs so i rebooted into recovery and wiped cache, dalvik cache, internal storage, then factor y gestores and nos muy phone is stuck at the tmobile boot screen and gets súper hoy and the les is ON BLUE al the time

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #12  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 851

2,509 posts
More
The files were supposed to be there.. If you have custom recovery reflash your ROM, or if you don't then reflash the firmware with Odin.. Or flash a custom recovery with odin and then the ROM

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

122 posts
More
Unhappy im tired of twrp
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

The files were supposed to be there.. If you have custom recovery reflash your ROM, or if you don't then reflash the firmware with Odin.. Or flash a custom recovery with odin and then the ROM

damn man, im so tired of twrp this is so far the crappiest recovery ive seen cause the date and time are impossible to change to an accurate one cause even when you select the timezone it is not your time. also the date when you do a nandroid backup the year is all wrong.
when i recently had the accident that the phone didnt wanna boot i tried restoring from backup but no success, also when you go to the phone settings and try to factory restore the phone through the regular phone settings, it reboots the phone into the twrp recovery then it hangs and start getting HOT and never does anything. also lts say you had a folder labeled "Old Folder" on your internal sdcard/ device storage, if you do a factory restore from the recovery which is supposed to wipe the user data from the internal partition once the phone reboots and open the file manager of choice you will find that all the previous junk is still there including the "Old Folder".
thats my opinion, why i dont like this twrp recovery and the way its implemented into the SGS4.
if you or anyone can please redirect me to a Good, stable, usable, and fully working custom recovery up to date and for the Tmo US SGS4, then please fell free to give me a hand.
and im appologize to the developer of this recovery but thats my opion and why i dislike it cause i already hada bad experience with it.

Thanks in advanced and sorry again!!!
25th April 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

122 posts
More
Question busybox
i think that my recently rooted s4 doesnt have busybox installed. so is there an specific busybox for this model or anyone would do? any recomendations since i saw a couple on the Play Store?
thanks in advanced
25th April 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #15  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 851

2,509 posts
More
To wipe internal data in twrp you select wipe data or internal SD.. That's how it should be.. and for the dates and names, you can rename it to whatever you want so you can put the date yourself.. I actually like twrp.. For busybox try busybox on rail in the playstore

25th April 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

122 posts
More
Do you know what this is about?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730316

Quick Q about Mobile Odin

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread