Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lg G2 Mobile Hotspot apk help

OP Stark_Lannister

18th April 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I was trying to return my mobile hotspot back to stock to get ready for the KitKat release - I somehow stumbled upon a thread where someone posted stock files of the mobilehotspot.apk and odex....I took these and inserted them into my system apps file. Only...I remembered the changes I made to bypass the provision check was to the hotspotprovision.apk. So, now my phone has the mobilehotspot.apk in the system apps folder, but the system doesn't seem to recognize it, ie, not in the system apps, can't do anything with it. Any help for me? I tried factory reset, and all I did was delete all of my personal data, the state of those apps did not improve!
18th April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 922

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark_Lannister

I was trying to return my mobile hotspot back to stock to get ready for the KitKat release - I somehow stumbled upon a thread where someone posted stock files of the mobilehotspot.apk and odex....I took these and inserted them into my system apps file. Only...I remembered the changes I made to bypass the provision check was to the hotspotprovision.apk. So, now my phone has the mobilehotspot.apk in the system apps folder, but the system doesn't seem to recognize it, ie, not in the system apps, can't do anything with it. Any help for me? I tried factory reset, and all I did was delete all of my personal data, the state of those apps did not improve!

Did you set permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot after placing the apk and odex?
18th April 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Yes, and tried again.. Still no app, not sure what other tricks I can try
18th April 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
and of couse, kitkat shows up today, and I am getting the error 1xblahblahblah. Ugh.
19th April 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

and of couse, kitkat shows up today, and I am getting the error 1xblahblahblah. Ugh.

Anyone? I have tried everything I know
19th April 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Begging for the proper apps to get my mobilehotspot and hot spot provision back to stock so I can update.. G2 Verizon vs98012b, please.
19th April 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Begging for the proper apps to get my mobilehotspot and hot spot provision back to stock so I can update.. G2 Verizon vs98012b, please.

A nice guy was able to send me the provision files, which seem to be ok.. Still lacking G the vs98012b mobilehotspot. Apk if anyone has a copy, thanks
20th April 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Bump?
25th April 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #9  

2 posts
Quote:

Bump?

Did you get the file you needed and were you able to update?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread