CF AutoRoot

Search This thread

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Never been able to root using Odin 3.07, always works with 3.09 for me on Win7 or Win8.1

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I suspect once chainfire returns from his month long vacation a fix will be posted. Until then I am going to stop worrying about it as with the update my Note is smoother than the prior version was even after debloating.

Oct 29, 2012
Chicago
I have the SM-P900 wifi....had the same cache.img freezing. First time was with Odin 3.07. I powered down and tried 3.09. Reinstalled usb drivers with Kies 3 and rebooted my Windows 8.1. Tried again....still freeze. I grabbed the P900XXUANB3-RecoveryImg from this thread, flashed it, then immediately flashed CF auto root and it PASSED immediately. Rebooted the tablet and root was there.
Thanks everyone for all the input.

grandiotk

Jan 1, 2008
SM-P902

Hi I have SM-P902 I think its the same with P901 3G version.But I want to be sure if I can use P901 version of CF auto root on P902.

bioncorp

Apr 16, 2014
For those having issues with Odin hanging up on "cache.img", it's because you don't have the *.md5 extension enabled in your archive management tool (7Zip, WinRar, etc). You can either rename the "CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5" to "CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar" (removing the .md5 extension), or you can add the .md5 extension to your archive management tool.

Reactions: nsiti

JarkMackson

Jan 7, 2007
I'm dying for root on the verizon version, I have $50 to add to the bounty for anyone who can get root and recovery working on the p905v.

Rick7C2

Sep 5, 2008
I have a Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900) Build number KOT49H.P900UEU1ANC5

Will the SM-P900 Auto root work with my build number?

grandiotk

Jan 1, 2008
Hi I have SM-P902 I think its the same with P901 3G version.But I want to be sure if I can use P901 version of CF auto root on P902.

Recursiovne

Aug 4, 2013
Bangkok
smp901 works

Work on my Thai P901XXUANAC,
strangely, whichever the odin version I was using, md5 extension gave a fail when stucking on cache.img ... simply repack to a plain tar works like a charm. At first it's scary as thinking the big gadget bricked :D

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Work on my Thai P901XXUANAC,
strangely, whichever the odin version I was using, md5 extension gave a fail when stucking on cache.img ... simply repack to a plain tar works like a charm. At first it's scary as thinking the big gadget bricked :D

You cant permanently brick these things. Not easily any way.

I've pulled the usb cable in the middle of flashing lots if times. Pulled the sd card during Rom flashing... Etc.

As long as you can get to download mode you can fix it. And as far as I know, short of a frying the tablet with too much voltage .. or something physical, download mode will always be unharmed when flashing goes wrong.

Do.. dont be "scared" lol. You'll be fine

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

GTablet

Nov 22, 2010
For those of you hanging on cache.img, go into Kies 3 and reinstall the USB drivers, under the Tools menu. Reboot then try again.

Ok...I also have the SM-P900 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have read the entire thread and have tried all of the suggestions posted so far except for using the original file with odin 1.85... I can't find that one so any other suggestion would GREATLY be appreciated!

Rick

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I have a Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900) Build number KOT49H.P900UEU1ANC5

Will the SM-P900 Auto root work with my build number?

I have the same build number as you....I have not been able to get this to work yet in spite of trying EVERYTHING suggested in this thread.

***** UPDATE *****
I finally was able to root then appled the stock recovery back to the tablet and everything works perfectly. In my case I had to uninstall Kies, after the reboot the process worked flawlessly. Thank you to CF for Root and all of the thread participation that helped me work through the process.

:confused:

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Had the cache.img freeze issue on my second Note Pro and solved it by first flashing the stock recovery that was in post #234 and then flashing CF Autoroot.

To do this I fired up the tablet into download mode prior to plugging it into the PC. I then loaded up the recovery image in Odin and made sure that autoreboot was unchecked. With the tablet still in download mode I plugged the tablet in and verified that Odin saw it and then flashed the recovery file. Once Odin was finished and showed RESET in the upper left corner I went to the tablet, held down HOME and VOL DOWN and reset the tablet again into download mode (making sure the tablet didn't boot to the OS or recovery). I closed Odin, fired it back up and loaded CF Autoroot. This time flashing it to the tablet stuck with no issues and I was able to install SuperSU and Busybox once I was booted up on the tablet.

I figure if CF Autoroot was created using that recovery image then I may as well be flashing CF with that version of recovery installed on the tablet.

Then again, it could have been just dumb luck . . . but I had tried flashing a few times various ways before it stuck that time both with Odin 3.09 and 3.07. For the final flash I used 3.07.

Reactions: tjb433 and reyasuk

Redsandro

Jul 17, 2012
www.Redsandro.com
I want root because of reasons, but I'm new to this puzzling approach to rooting, and all these different stories in threads here make me unsure about how to proceed.

My previous experiences are with my Samsung SGS2 but I was late to the party so rooting and flashing and going back to stock without 'tripping' anything is as easy as stealing babies from a candy.

There's no boss with a secure environment to run business apps in, so I guess I couldn't care less about KNOX. But does this method of rooting also break OTA updates from Samsung? Forever?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
    1. download the zip file and unzip it
    2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
    3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
    4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start
    Some tips

Firstly, the root works terrifically, which is obvious to anyone who's tried it.
    Some suggestions when you're de-bloating, do not remove Samsung ScreenSaver. Despite the name, it is not a screensaver. It is the service connected to making the power button turn the screen off. Because of this, I had to re-stock the tablet. Finding the real rom for it is stupidly hard, and is only on slow share sites. Below is the link to my server, which I will leave available for as long as needed. I used the same ODIN 3.07 that is included with CF_Auto to reflash stock. Hopefully no one else has this issue.

Applies to SM-P900 Wifi only.

joevwgti.dyndns.org/P900UEU1ANAE.zip
    working CF-auto-root for SM-P900 XAR

This auto-root worked for me, unlike the one currently available on chainfire's website.
    This is the one I downloaded there in April. See the last few comments above this for details.

Use at your own risk though, I won't accept any responsibility if it bricks yours.

When uploading here, I see that XDaA says the filesize is 14.81 MB while on my MAC it's shown as 15.5 MB.

So to be excessively clear, check these after downloading:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mathias staff 15533266 Apr 23 2014 CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

MD5 (CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip) = 6c5f2ba108f5e1b02f4c1e471af958ba
    rooting my sm-p900

Want to share with you guys my experience of rooting sm-p900 wifi after rounds of failure in stucking at cache.img:

1. download CF-Auto-Root for sm-p900 wifi from:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/384/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

2. Unzip using 7z.

3. Remove .md5 extension of the file CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5

4. Extract recovery.img from CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar using 7z

5. download this tool:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281287
    [link revised per advice from #180]

6. convert the recovery.img in 4. to tar.md5 format using the tool from 5.
    [ modify the converter code (just a batch file you can edit in Notepad - simple copy-paste) as per post #41 in the thread also per #180 advice]

7. flash recovery.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

8. flash CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

And walla! my sm-p900 wifi is rooted