Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't access Download or Recovery...

Tip us?

gbakeriv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't access Download or Recovery...

Hey guys,

I've really been going through the forums and trying to find a fix for this, but most "unbrick" solutions require I put the phone in download mode. I've had plenty of times before where I had to do the whole button-combo to get into TWRP, but right now all that happens is my phone will boot into the LG logo for a split second, then die. The button combo leads to the factory reset screen, but just shuts off. Plugging in the phone while holding volume + (or not holding the volume up, this happens regardless) just leads to file explorer opening up ten windows prompting me to reformat a bunch of different drives.

How do I get back into recovery, or unbrick, when I can't get into download mode or recovery via factory reset screen?

Much appreciated for your help here.

blakerboy777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in the same boat, I'll leave a reply if I figure anything out. Did you try to install the 24a update?

madfella
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbakeriv View Post
Hey guys,

I've really been going through the forums and trying to find a fix for this, but most "unbrick" solutions require I put the phone in download mode. I've had plenty of times before where I had to do the whole button-combo to get into TWRP, but right now all that happens is my phone will boot into the LG logo for a split second, then die. The button combo leads to the factory reset screen, but just shuts off. Plugging in the phone while holding volume + (or not holding the volume up, this happens regardless) just leads to file explorer opening up ten windows prompting me to reformat a bunch of different drives.

How do I get back into recovery, or unbrick, when I can't get into download mode or recovery via factory reset screen?

Much appreciated for your help here.
This helped me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960

It also has instructions to restore download mode: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

PM me if you need help...

roor1337
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If your stuck in fastboot with NO bootloader OR recovery this should help.

Before you start you need to be a bit familiar with LINUX and preferably Ubuntu in particular (since the guide uses that)

The last step is a bit confusing since hes using varibles for all the path names but here they are written out if your phone is located under sdb:

Code:
dd if=/home/med/Desktop/sbl1.img of=/dev/sdb2

dd if=/home/med/Desktop/aboot.img of=/dev/sdb5

dd if=/home/med/Desktop/rpm.img of=/dev/sdb6

dd if=/home/med/Desktop/tz.img of=/dev/sdb8

dd if=/home/med/Desktop/recovery.img of=/dev/sdb15
If your phone is located under sbc change sdb to sdc

Hope this helps and remember to use the 11A partitions as 10b and 1b WILL NOT WORK