Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock Code Not Working?

Tip us?

mevans336
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlock Code Not Working?

I have purchased two unlock codes for my AT&T HTC One form two different companies - both were the exact same code. However, when I enter the unlock code it says it is invalid. I have unlocked the bootloader and changed the ID so I can install vanilla Android. Cold this be why it is not working? Should I set everything back to the defaults, restore the AT&T ROM, and then try to enter the SIM unlock code?

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans336 View Post
I have purchased two unlock codes for my AT&T HTC One form two different companies - both were the exact same code. However, when I enter the unlock code it says it is invalid. I have unlocked the bootloader and changed the ID so I can install vanilla Android. Cold this be why it is not working? Should I set everything back to the defaults, restore the AT&T ROM, and then try to enter the SIM unlock code?
I am pretty sure the phone has to be stock for SIM unlocking. After you unlock the SIM you proceed to do the other MODS.

52me52
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans336 View Post
There's a stock AT&T ROM somewhere in the development section,backup current build flash the rom then use the code. when you successfully unlock it go back to recovery and restore your vanilla build. You will keep the unlock no matter what you flash.
If you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree it will spend it's whole life thinking it's stupid.
-Albert Einstein