T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Issues w/Facebook Lag - But only at home

OP Pscheoverdrive

21st April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Silver Spring
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a weird issue, and I can't seem to figure it out. When I'm on my home network, I have really, really terrible lag with Facebook's mobile app *only on my phone*. I mean, it takes about 10 minutes for a pic to load. Any other app (on my phone) that connects to Facebook will lag really bad connecting to FB, as well. I've got Comcast and Speedtest will give me >100Mb/s on my desktop, hardwired to the router, and my phone will usually give me >50Mb/s. I've got an ASUS RT-N56U router, so I don't think that's the issue. I've tried both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, and they both have the same issue.

If I use the FB app on any other wifi network, or 4G, it works just fine. Any other tabs, iPhones, laptops, etc. work fine on my home network.

The thing is, it wasn't always like this... When I first got Comcast set up, everything worked fine. The problem seems to just have happened one day, and the only thing I changed on my phone was installing Transparent Weather Clock. Of course, I tried uninstalling it and seeing if anything changed, but no luck.

I am on 4.3 NB4, rooted.

Any help is appreciated! TIA!
22nd April 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 216

498 posts
Have you tried wiping the Facebook app data or uninstalling and reinstalling it? I've had funky problems with the Facebook app in the past and wiping the data or a fresh download from the Play Store always fixed it.
22nd April 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Silver Spring

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the tip... I tried that, but ended up with the same results. Did a data wipe, then tried erasing FB completely and then re-installing.

I mean, the baffling part is that the app and all things connected to it work fine everywhere else... Even on much, much slower internet connections. I can't figure out why it works so poorly on my home wifi, when all the other devices work just fine.
23rd April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 635

513 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscheoverdrive

Thanks for the tip... I tried that, but ended up with the same results. Did a data wipe, then tried erasing FB completely and then re-installing.

I mean, the baffling part is that the app and all things connected to it work fine everywhere else... Even on much, much slower internet connections. I can't figure out why it works so poorly on my home wifi, when all the other devices work just fine.

You have a external sd? If so go in there and go to Android/data/ and see if files left over for Facebook in there. If so delete them. Then in app manager go to Facebook and clear everything you can. then uninstall. Clear cache. Reboot. Reinstall. See if it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
23rd April 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Silver Spring

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
I do have an external SD... However, I checked and there is nothing about Facebook in there.

25th April 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Silver Spring

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
An update... I don't believe the problem is isolated to Facebook. Facebook just happens to be the most bandwidth intensive app on my phone. Other Internet services run more slowly on my home network than elsewhere. Maybe this will solve some mystery. I am starting to think it's a router setting.

25th April 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 338

949 posts
More
may be your home router admin
is gently suggesting you to "get off the grid"?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread