Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not Fair

Tip us?

roghitmanx47
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
You're right

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by roghitmanx47 View Post
You're right
In any case, consider the situation of owners of tablets such as the Nexus 7 or an iPad Mini who have no easy option to upgrade the storage space, since these do not accept microSD cards. IMO they are the ones who should be heading this thread.
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

burgeke
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Well see I have the Verizon variant and there is still not a root for it yet. I have a 32GB SD card in it now but I would like to have more system memory too.
There is root via kingo, just not recovery.

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Seriously? You guys don't believe that if you have 10MB free of internal memory that the tablet or phone will perform slower? That's not a thought that's ever crossed your mind?
Limited Free space on the storage part of an android device typically only causes a performance impact if trim is not working on the device and therefore the remaining free space gets fragmented badly (typically no longer an issue), or if cache files can then not get created by the software that is trying to cache. This statement is assuming that the additional carrier bloatware can be disabled from always running in the background and hey, you are reading this on XDA which means we can typically root the device and use Titanium Backup (or similar tools) to freeze the bloat that wants to run in the background. Just having less storage space on a storage device which isn't fragmented and is using a modern file system which has sufficient remaining space for caching should have no impact on performance in practice...
The Following User Says Thank You to muiriddin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idaboes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgeke View Post
There is root via kingo, just not recovery.
I am unable to get kingo to work on VK810, will not even recognize that my device is connected.
I am beyond frustrated trying to root this tablet. Any help would be appreciated. It also doesn't appear to be a driver related issue, as I've tried all drivers that other have recommended and worked for them.