Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon LG G2 bricked after stock update - HELP

Tip us?

W77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon LG G2 bricked after stock update - HELP

I need your guys' help big time. I've been trying to fix this for the past couple of days and can't!

My phone was running a rooted stock ROM and has PhilZ Touch 6.25.4/Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7. I have one backup.

My phone asked me if I wanted to update to KitKat, so I said sure! ...Shouldn't have done that BS. It rebooted into Clockworkmod, and I can't get it to go past Clockworkmod, no matter what I do.

I can't even get Windows to install the drivers for the phone. I have them downloaded, and it won't automatically install them no matter what I do. And when I try pointing to them, it says Windows could not find driver software for your device. I tried drivers on Verizon's website and ones posted on these forums.

Please help! I don't know what else to do.

george brown
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by W77 View Post
I need your guys' help big time. I've been trying to fix this for the past couple of days and can't!

My phone was running a rooted stock ROM and has PhilZ Touch 6.25.4/Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7. I have one backup.

My phone asked me if I wanted to update to KitKat, so I said sure! ...Shouldn't have done that BS. It rebooted into Clockworkmod, and I can't get it to go past Clockworkmod, no matter what I do.

I can't even get Windows to install the drivers for the phone. I have them downloaded, and it won't automatically install them no matter what I do. And when I try pointing to them, it says Windows could not find driver software for your device. I tried drivers on Verizon's website and ones posted on these forums.

Please help! I don't know what else to do.
You should install the driver manually by double clicking it or if it's in zip file you must open it first and search the driver.

Sent from my LG p705 using XDA Dev Soft.

W77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by george brown View Post
You should install the driver manually by double clicking it or if it's in zip file you must open it first and search the driver.

I did. It says it cannot find the drivers when pointing to the correct folder, even though I'm using the correct drivers.

george brown
Old
(Last edited by george brown; 27th April 2014 at 09:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Try it with another computer. Might be your windows having problem.