Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] How to get fullscreen caller picture?

25th April 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88

598 posts
I'm greatly annoyed by GoogleDialer's phone app which shows caller picture blocked 50% by black blank area. What files do I have to edit to make picture more bigger or atleast make that blank space disappear?

I know that I could simply get another dialer but I like Google's version. That blank space just bugs me.
25th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 535

2,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
This might help: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cky.HDCallerID
25th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

598 posts
Like I said, I'll stick to default phone app.
25th April 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 185

333 posts
More
There's a xposed module for fullscreen caller picture
25th April 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 535

2,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ah, yea Xposed would do the trick, if rooted. If you aren't rooted, then using another app like I posted would be about the only thing. You still place calls like normal, just when you go to answer, it'll pop up with the app / full screen that can be themed and all that. It doesn't have it's own dialer UI like ExDialer or something along those lines and when you click on a number, it still opens up to your normal dialer. So you'd still be sticking with the stock phone app for 90% of things.
25th April 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
There's an xposed module called XBlast that can do it. When you install it, go to Phone Tweaks > Fullscreen Caller Photo.
26th April 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourZer0

There's an xposed module called XBlast that can do it. When you install it, go to Phone Tweaks > Fullscreen Caller Photo.

I know. It just doesn't look nice since it's all transparent. When caller has white or bright picture, you can't basically see the number or name and it's very annoying.
That's why I like the default look since it has 50% transparent layer on top which shows name & number.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank