Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] SIM Contacts missing after reboot

Tip us?

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
(Last edited by xlSKYFiRElx; 25th April 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up [HELP] SIM Contacts missing after reboot

So i've been playing with a Stable and Up-To-Date Custom ROM with my Ace-i (i won't say it so there will be no problem, but it is for personal use only)

i've tried to delete some .apk on the .zip file of the ROM and flash it, and so. but later on i experienced some crazy error or bug maybe. whenever i reboot my device safely, my SIM Contacts keep missing .. i think its being deleted .. it is saved in SIM Directory,

also i am shutting down and restarting my phone properly using the power button.

i also tried to reinstall a fresh, clean, copy of the ROM i use and still happens, anyone know why this odd problem happens ??

please help thank you

UPDATE: i reverted to Stock Ace-i GB ROM, as usual none of the contacts saved in my SIM Directory showed but after i added 1 contact, it all showed up. i'll try to reflash the rom and see if it will happen again. this is really really odd to happen

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlSKYFiRElx View Post
So i've been playing with a Stable and Up-To-Date Custom ROM with my Ace-i (i won't say it so there will be no problem, but it is for personal use only)

i've tried to delete some .apk on the .zip file of the ROM and flash it, and so. but later on i experienced some crazy error or bug maybe. whenever i reboot my device safely, my SIM Contacts keep missing .. i think its being deleted .. it is saved in SIM Directory,

also i am shutting down and restarting my phone properly using the power button.

i also tried to reinstall a fresh, clean, copy of the ROM i use and still happens, anyone know why this odd problem happens ??

please help thank you

UPDATE: i reverted to Stock Ace-i GB ROM, as usual none of the contacts saved in my SIM Directory showed but after i added 1 contact, it all showed up. i'll try to reflash the rom and see if it will happen again. this is really really odd to happen
I think that time you are on custom kernel...

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi View Post
I think that time you are on custom kernel...

yes i am using rafael's kernel.

UPDATE: so it seems that the SIM Contacts were not deleted after all, they are just missing and does not show up. anyone has an idea ?? please ??

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
yes i am using rafael's kernel.

UPDATE: so it seems that the SIM Contacts were not deleted after all, they are just missing and does not show up. anyone has an idea ?? please ??
Next time before you flash a new rom, you can take a backup of your existing contacts. To do that go to Contacts>Contact Setting>Export to SD. You will get a .vcf file in SD Card. Once you have finished installing new rom, you can restore this backup by doing Contacts>Contact Setting>Import from SD Card and click on the .vcf file. Or your contacts are also synced with your google account. So whenever you log in to your google account, it will automatically sync you contacts back to your phone. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Next time before you flash a new rom, you can take a backup of your existing contacts. To do that go to Contacts>Contact Setting>Export to SD. You will get a .vcf file in SD Card. Once you have finished installing new rom, you can restore this backup by doing Contacts>Contact Setting>Import from SD Card and click on the .vcf file. Or your contacts are also synced with your google account. So whenever you log in to your google account, it will automatically sync you contacts back to your phone. Hope I Helped
no it's not that i didn't know that they are deleted after flashing .. my contacts are saved on my SIM Card Memory so either if i flash a new rom or factory reset they don't disappear .. the problem is, i discovered that they are still inside my Sim Card memory .. the only problem is, they won't appear on my contacts .. and everytime i add a new contact, it disappears after reboot ..

nonetheless, i'll just try using Cloud Contacts from now on,

manos_mand
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
no it's not that i didn't know that they are deleted after flashing .. my contacts are saved on my SIM Card Memory so either if i flash a new rom or factory reset they don't disappear .. the problem is, i discovered that they are still inside my Sim Card memory .. the only problem is, they won't appear on my contacts .. and everytime i add a new contact, it disappears after reboot ..

You can use the google sync to save your contacts.
You see in an other device if your contacts is insite and you cant see it with your ace?

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:

Lol it's quite simple. The entire contact is in your SIM card but for them to be displayed into your phone, you just have to import them. Go to Contacts>Contact Settings>Import from SIM card. That's it. It will import all the SIM contacts to your phone. You will be now able to see all your contacts. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Lol it's quite simple. The entire contact is in your SIM card but for them to be displayed into your phone, you just have to import them. Go to Contacts>Contact Settings>Import from SIM card. That's it. It will import all the SIM contacts to your phone. You will be now able to see all your contacts. Hope I Helped
already did that, but it also shows "No Contacts" .. considering that when i plug the sim to an non-android device like asha, it reads all of my sim contacts, im telling you it is really really odd

xlSKYFiRElx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos_mand View Post
You can use the google sync to save your contacts.
You see in an other device if your contacts is insite and you cant see it with your ace?
yes correct, when i plug my SIM Card to another Device (iOS or Non-Android) it shows completely all of my contacts, but in my Android it doesn't .. this is the first time this happens to me .. i also tried flashing TouchWiz v9.5 but still happens,

only in stock rom does my contacts shows properly

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
yes correct, when i plug my SIM Card to another Device (iOS or Non-Android) it shows completely all of my contacts, but in my Android it doesn't .. this is the first time this happens to me .. i also tried flashing TouchWiz v9.5 but still happens,

only in stock rom does my contacts shows properly
Use stock kernel