Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help customising android with no rom

Tip us?

K-NineHD
Old
(Last edited by K-NineHD; 25th April 2014 at 08:39 PM.) Reason: left out info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help customising android with no rom

I have a phone running stock android 4.1.1 and I want it to look like any other (xperia, touchwiz, sense etc.) but I can't find what's needed I really want the status bar to look the same aswell as the launcher and stock apps, I can't use a rom.
Devices:
HTC Desire X (4.1.1) (stock but want to root)
Sony Xperia Tablet Z (4.4.2) (Rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Y (4.0.4 cyanogenmod 9) (bootlooped)
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (4.4.4) (Paranoid Android 4.6)
Sony Xperia Z2 (4.4.2)

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-NineHD View Post
I have a phone running stock android 4.1.1 and I want it to look like any other (xperia, touchwiz, sense etc.) but I can't find what's needed I really want the status bar to look the same aswell as the launcher and stock apps, I can't use a rom.
Your best bet would be rooting, using the Xposed Framework and something like the HK Theme Manager or Xtheme Engine to make significant changes to the look of the system. These tools work well on most devices, but it can be hard to theme stock HTC roms as they have a very different theming structure vs most devices and generic theming tools can only go so far. Other than that, best you could do without a rom (or root) would be a different launcher that either hides the status bar or comes with it's own (have only seen an iPhone looking launcher with that function) or hide the status bar and figure out how to make something like Zooper Widget to help create your own little section at the top for the clock and battery status - though this stuff would only work on the home screen.

If you REALLY want to change stuff, the best option is a rom and there's really not much getting around it without compromises.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
Tags
custom, rom, xperia