Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problem Flashing New Rom

OP muttleytm

22nd April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
It makes the startup sound and the animation starts and forms the yellow EVO 4G on a white background appears, some time goes by, the screen turns black, then the lock bar with time and date shows up on a black background and at the top of the screen you can see the battery charge indicator and the signal strength inicator (I think it makes a sound at this point too), then it goes black. After this it cycles from black screen to yellow EVO 4G/white background and repeat...
22nd April 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #12  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttleytm

It makes the startup sound and the animation starts and forms the yellow EVO 4G on a white background appears, some time goes by, the screen turns black, then the lock bar with time and date shows up on a black background and at the top of the screen you can see the battery charge indicator and the signal strength inicator (I think it makes a sound at this point too), then it goes black. After this it cycles from black screen to yellow EVO 4G/white background and repeat...

Have you tried using a different recovery, in case that's the issue? DId you also confirm that you got a good download by verifying the MD5?
22nd April 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
I've checked the MD5s on all the files I've used.

This is the only recovery I could find that wood work.

I saw some mention of a smelkus version and I tried those but it looks like they all had a ROM built in or something. When I tried them it would say parsing and not get any further.

I looked for a TWRP but couldn't find one for and EVO 4G supersonic on their website. I see you have TWRP 2.7.0.6 and when I do a search of this all I see is an unofficial version for an HTC One.

I didn't find a Clockworkmod when I checked earlier, but, I checked again just now and found recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.1-supersonic.img.

I'll give that a try or maybe you have another suggestion.
22nd April 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #14  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
I just updated the TWRP listed in my signature for Supersonic to a link to my thread with a fully working TWRP build .

Don't use ClockworkMod. Also, smelkusMOD isn't linked to any particular ROM; it should work fine.
Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 22nd April 2014 at 07:35 PM.
22nd April 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I just updated the TWRP listed in my signature for Supersonic to a link to my thread with a fully working TWRP build .

Don't use ClockworkMod. Also, smelkusMOD isn't linked to any particular ROM; it should work fine.

I renamed your TWRP file to PC36IMGG.zip and ran hboot. I didn't check when I started it, but, it was only a couple minutes after your post. It said parsing for quite a long time.


Also when I went to the Smelkus links and they are the same files I had tried earlier where zip files also got stuck at parsing. They all had ROM names associated with them like ReLoaded, AOKP, etc. So I figured they also had a ROM. I did try the smelkus AOKP img file using fastboot and I was able to flash it. I think I recall seeing that custom recoveries have to be installed with fastboot now that I think of it.

Anyway, the phone continues to behave the same as before. It makes a startup sound and gets the to yellow 4G on the white background and stays there for awhile and then goes black. I had it in my pocket or with me in the car for a couple of hours now and I can hear it cycling and every time I checked right after the sound it was the yellow EVO 4G screen. I didn't notice if the lock bar on a black screen showed up as the try with the other recovery app.

I thought I saw that you could make an img file from a zip file, but, I see it only works the other way. If you can provide the img version of your TWRP recovery app I'll try that too.

Is there some log file that might show what is happening?
22nd April 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #16  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttleytm

I renamed your TWRP file to PC36IMGG.zip and ran hboot. I didn't check when I started it, but, it was only a couple minutes after your post. It said parsing for quite a long time.


Also when I went to the Smelkus links and they are the same files I had tried earlier where zip files also got stuck at parsing. They all had ROM names associated with them like ReLoaded, AOKP, etc. So I figured they also had a ROM. I did try the smelkus AOKP img file using fastboot and I was able to flash it. I think I recall seeing that custom recoveries have to be installed with fastboot now that I think of it.

Anyway, the phone continues to behave the same as before. It makes a startup sound and gets the to yellow 4G on the white background and stays there for awhile and then goes black. I had it in my pocket or with me in the car for a couple of hours now and I can hear it cycling and every time I checked right after the sound it was the yellow EVO 4G screen. I didn't notice if the lock bar on a black screen showed up as the try with the other recovery app.

I thought I saw that you could make an img file from a zip file, but, I see it only works the other way. If you can provide the img version of your TWRP recovery app I'll try that too.

Is there some log file that might show what is happening?

The image files are in the zips. Just extract them and you can fastboot flash them. Flashing them through HBOOT only works if the main versions match up.

Actually a logcat might be helpful, if adb is working and you have a computer.
24th April 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

The image files are in the zips. Just extract them and you can fastboot flash them. Flashing them through HBOOT only works if the main versions match up.

Actually a logcat might be helpful, if adb is working and you have a computer.

I got TWRP installed. However, my touch pad is not working. I don't know if that would throw things off when booting up. When I first put it back together after replacing the board this happened and I opened it up and found that the locking mechanism wasn't in the locked position. I put it the way it should be and my touch screen did work the one time I booted up and got the phone running.

I didn't get a chance to take it apart today and take a look at the connection. I should get a chance to look take it apart with no interruptions tomorrow afternoon.

I do have a computer and have adb installed and I have used it in the past. I'm not sure if it will work if the phone isn't booted up since the setting for USB debugging is made from the GUI. Maybe I can connect using USBboot and then use adb?
24th April 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #18  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,215
 
10
12,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttleytm

I got TWRP installed. However, my touch pad is not working. I don't know if that would throw things off when booting up. When I first put it back together after replacing the board this happened and I opened it up and found that the locking mechanism wasn't in the locked position. I put it the way it should be and my touch screen did work the one time I booted up and got the phone running.

I didn't get a chance to take it apart today and take a look at the connection. I should get a chance to look take it apart with no interruptions tomorrow afternoon.

I do have a computer and have adb installed and I have used it in the past. I'm not sure if it will work if the phone isn't booted up since the setting for USB debugging is made from the GUI. Maybe I can connect using USBboot and then use adb?

The connection might be your problem. Not sure that a logcat would even show that.
25th April 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

The connection might be your problem. Not sure that a logcat would even show that.

I did fiddle with the connection and the touchscreen didn't respond and did it again. That time it worked. I also saw that the EVOs have a grounding issue that is fixed if you hold it by the back and sides which I was doing at the time.

I am having some trouble with the Google Play Store App now though. I can find the app I want to install and when I press install it doesn't start to download. Have tried it with several apps and they all act the same. I tried clearing the Play Store App cache, data and uninstalled the updates, but, still won't install.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes