Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A discovery regarding KNOX

Tip us?

Abuk007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation A discovery regarding KNOX

I've discovered interesting thing about KNOX. Installed the KNOX software on my Note 3. Worked nice. When I switched my sim card to a card that does not have GSM connectivity (only 3g/HSPA+, since that card is for free Internet access service called Aero2 in Poland) everything related to KNOX was crashing. The software itself couldnt launch properly and was inaccessible, all apps running by default in the KNOX shell crashed. Lots of errors, lots of force close messages, knox not working. Switched my sim card back to my normal one - errors gone, everything works fine. Im not an expert, my phone wasn't rooted because I upgraded to new bootloader by mistake and don't want to loose warranty, but this could possibly point that sim card itself could affect KNOX in some way.

TL;DR:
Sim card/GSM connectivity affects KNOX software, might be a clue where to search for resetting knox.
Had:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i Black
GT-I9100

Have:
N9005
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abuk007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Atomix86
Old
Thanks Meter 261
I don't get that and I'm using a 3g/hspa only SIM (the three network).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Current Phones
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Shiny ROM KTU84P - Fancy Kernel r53 - Android 4.4.4 KitKat

Retired Phones
BlackBerry Bold 9650, HTC Wildfire S