Is anyone having issues getting weaksauce temp root to work on at&t m8 ?

OP Roefastford

24th April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

467 posts
Is anyone having issues getting the weaksauce 1.0.1 temp root app to work on at&t m8 ?

I keep getting root failed but they list its supposed to do that on the at&t version, but I cant get the supersu to work ?

Everytime the supersu lists the following " There is no su binary installed, and supersu cannot install it. This is a problem! " and all I can do is hit ok and supersu just closes. I checked with the root checker app and it shows Superuser application in not installed ? So its not picking up the super su ?

Anyone ? The weaksauce xda forum is closed so you cant ask questions there so where do you ask then ?
24th April 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Is anyone having issues getting the weaksauce 1.0.1 temp root app to work on at&t m8 ?

I keep getting root failed but they list its supposed to do that on the at&t version, but I cant get the supersu to work ?

Everytime the supersu lists the following " There is no su binary installed, and supersu cannot install it. This is a problem! " and all I can do is hit ok and supersu just closes. I checked with the root checker app and it shows Superuser application in not installed ? So its not picking up the super su ?

Anyone ? The weaksauce xda forum is closed so you cant ask questions there so where do you ask then ?

I tried weaksause, temproot etc.. and was getting similar errors.. and finally decided to just use the all-in-one tool kit.. which did it for me quite well.

Steps to be followed are..
1. Unlock your bootloader from HTCdev
2. Root using all in one tool kit.(install custom recovery). Also install suprersu from the playstore after you root.
3. S-off using firewater. (use the first method listed there).
4. profit.
5. Hit the thanks button if this helped you
Last edited by androidbuff123; 24th April 2014 at 03:19 PM.
25th April 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

467 posts
Weaksauce wouldnt work for me kept having supersu issues so I finally gave up and used htcdev.

Firewater it took me 5 times following a youtube video finally tossed the video and went to firewater turned out firewater requires either 3g, 4g, lte or wifi connection on the phone and video did not mention that so I signed on to wifi and sure enough it worked, so much for youtube videos on how to firewater s-off. Was just a waste of my time.
25th April 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

467 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbuff123

I tried weaksause, temproot etc.. and was getting similar errors.. and finally decided to just use the all-in-one tool kit.. which did it for me quite well.

Steps to be followed are..
1. Unlock your bootloader from HTCdev
2. Root using all in one tool kit.(install custom recovery). Also install suprersu from the playstore after you root.
3. S-off using firewater. (use the first method listed there).
4. profit.
5. Hit the thanks button if this helped you

Yes I knew how to do all that, but the weaksauce keeps htc from knowing your rooted and voiding your warranty. Using htcdev just gives them an excuse to get out of any warranty issues because they can blame them on the phone being rooted.
25th April 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Yes I knew how to do all that, but the weaksauce keeps htc from knowing your rooted and voiding your warranty. Using htcdev just gives them an excuse to get out of any warranty issues because they can blame them on the phone being rooted.

If you think you are gonna need your warranty.. then yes.. you have no other option at the moment AFAIK
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread