Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Play Store/ tablet incorrect location set as UK

Tip us?

mike158158
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Play Store/ tablet incorrect location set as UK

I bought my Nexus 7 while I was in England. I am back in the US now but Play Store seems to still be set for the UK because prices are in . I tried to buy a ebook and it wouldn't let me based on my location. I am not sure if its the store specifically or the tablet but I can't seem to work out how change the location. I don't think it is the tablet since I can access apps like hulu that wouldn't work out there. If anyone can help that would be great,

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike158158 View Post
I bought my Nexus 7 while I was in England. I am back in the US now but Play Store seems to still be set for the UK because prices are in . I tried to buy a ebook and it wouldn't let me based on my location. I am not sure if its the store specifically or the tablet but I can't seem to work out how change the location. I don't think it is the tablet since I can access apps like hulu that wouldn't work out there. If anyone can help that would be great,
Its not a big problem to fix. There is no problem with the tablet location that's set by IP address. You need to log in to your Google account on the google play website and change country from UK to USA its to stop your currency ect changing if you go on holiday.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

mike158158
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I ended up having to change my address in Wallet and clearing the cache for the Play Store app.