Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Return to stock

Tip us?

ace9988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Question [Q] Return to stock

Hello there,

I need some help returning to stock since I've gone too far with the desire and no idea how to go back.

I have an orange branded desire which is rooted and S-off'd and I'd like to unroot it. I'm not too concerned about taking it back to orange branding, just a generic RUU would do (if it's possible, because I'm not interested in goldcards). Right now I'm on Android 4.4 and the HBOOT version says "6.93.1002"

I'm fairly competent with fastboot commands if necessary and just need help with taking this phone back to stock. If you have any more questions let me know and I'll answer.

Thanks in advance
------------------
HTC Desire HD, Evo 3D, HTC One X, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7 R.I.P
-- Red 5 --
-- Nexus 10 --
------------------

eddiehk6
Old
Thanks Meter 551
Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU

If you want to be full S-ON unrooted, you may need to flash the alpharev downgrader first before flashing the RUU

Details in bortak's troublehooting guide stickied to the top of Q&A
Device: Nexus 5 | ROM: SlimKat | Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Retired: HTC Desire

ace9988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6 View Post
Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU

If you want to be full S-ON unrooted, you may need to flash the alpharev downgrader first before flashing the RUU

Details in bortak's troublehooting guide stickied to the top of Q&A
I'm not too fussed about S-ON unrooted, quite happy to keep it S-off without going through all of that. Is this the file HTC_Desire_Android_2.3_Upgrade.zip

because I couldn't find the one you named in the stickied thread. This came from the #resources section.
------------------
HTC Desire HD, Evo 3D, HTC One X, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7 R.I.P
-- Red 5 --
-- Nexus 10 --
------------------

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9988 View Post
I'm not too fussed about S-ON unrooted, quite happy to keep it S-off without going through all of that. Is this the file HTC_Desire_Android_2.3_Upgrade.zip

because I couldn't find the one you named in the stickied thread. This came from the #resources section.
Yes thats the one. Just extract the zip file and the ruu is inside. The one in bortaks guide i think he named it 2.3.3, its definitly there anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]