Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue after freezing bloat

Tip us?

Blank65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Update Device has stopped.

Thoroughly confused. I downloaded the .zip file and when I tried to extract, this is what I received:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-04-25 14.25.04.png
Views:	11
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2708455

brittoking
Old
(Last edited by brittoking; 25th April 2014 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank65 View Post
Thoroughly confused. I downloaded the .zip file and when I tried to extract, this is what I received:

Attachment 2708455
Which link did you download? And you're extracting to your laptop?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post
The T-Mobile variant should, I can't say that it does for sure, because of all of the bloatware I've removed and plus I've never used it on any of the phones I've owned from T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm used to AT&T using it, on my note 1 and 2 so i miss it actually.
Edit: after going on the AT&T website and seeing that the flex is not compatible with vvm i decided to side load the apk off my note and it works outta the box! Good thing our carriers are on top of their own software right? 😉

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2829

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post
The T-Mobile variant should, I can't say that it does for sure, because of all of the bloatware I've removed and plus I've never used it on any of the phones I've owned from T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It does

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blank65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=brittoking;52191266]Which link did you download? And you're extracting to your laptop?[COLOR="Silver"]

I used this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656275

and yes, downloaded to my laptop.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Blank65;52191589]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoking View Post
Which link did you download? And you're extracting to your laptop?[COLOR="Silver"]

I used this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656275

and yes, downloaded to my laptop.

I found the solution to the problem here:

http://ardamis.com/2011/07/28/native...ility-5-99-pb/

and am unzipping the files now. Hopefully I'll ge3t a "brand new" phone soon!

Blank65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Re: Update Device has stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyNYC View Post
Do you have the G Flex or G2?
From what you wrote I'm assuming you have the Sprint G2. I'm not 100% sure if this would work as you posted in the LG G Flex forums but I would try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656275.
If you have the G Flex then this is the link you should go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644083. The G Flex return to stock should fix your system folder issues.
PattyNYC: THANK YOU!!

So far everything seems to be going great and I'm on my third system update since returning it to stock (ZVA - Spark, I believe). I will continue to update and tweak things, but I'm still interested in rooting again, just to get rid of the bloat ware. I think I'll be a wee bit more careful when it comes to what I freeze and delete, etc!

So I don't continue to thread jack, PM me anytime if you have any more words of wisdom!

Yep! I got Spark!

Thanks again (BTW, how do I add to your Thank-O-Meter? You definitely deserve it!

~D

PattyNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank65 View Post
PattyNYC: THANK YOU!!

So far everything seems to be going great and I'm on my third system update since returning it to stock (ZVA - Spark, I believe). I will continue to update and tweak things, but I'm still interested in rooting again, just to get rid of the bloat ware. I think I'll be a wee bit more careful when it comes to what I freeze and delete, etc!

So I don't continue to thread jack, PM me anytime if you have any more words of wisdom!

Yep! I got Spark!

Thanks again (BTW, how do I add to your Thank-O-Meter? You definitely deserve it!

~D
No problem. I like to helpful and I have been in your shoes on more than one occasion. If you would like to thank me it would be greatly appreciated. It's the thumb's up symbol at the bottom of my post that says "Thanks" after it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PattyNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]