Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

How to go back to 4.2.2?

OP guvno

25th April 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
Please help...

My phone came with 4.2.2 (HongKong D802)

I upgraded to 4.4.2 (OPEN EUROPEAN) using .kdz flash method

I then rooted using ioroot25

All went well.

I then decided to go back to 4.2.2 (HongKong) using the same .kdz flash method

Phone went into "boot loop"

So I managed to flash back the 4.4.2 (OPEN EUROPEAN) using the .kdz method and the phone is ok but running the 4.4.2 (OPEN EUROPEAN)

How do I go back to my stock 4.2.2 (HongKong) ROM ?

Please help....
25th April 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Use this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Make sure you add this line:

127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com

In:

windows/system32/drivers/etc/
25th April 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

97 posts
Got it working
Quote:
Originally Posted by palaczu

Use this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Make sure you add this line:

127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com

In:

windows/system32/drivers/etc/

Thanks!

I finally got my D802 working again (flashing using the .kdz method) after coming back from 4.4.2 -> 4.2.2
I just had to do a reset as phone was stuck in boot loop.

I do have a different problem now...

I can't enable 4G, I could when the phone first arrived with 4.2.2 but since upgrading to 4.4.2 that option is gone, I am now back to 4.2.2 HongKong (the original ROM my D802 came with) and I can't enable the 4G option any more...

The 3845#*802# method only last until a reboot, so does the *#*#4636*#*# method and of course I only have the GSM/WCDMA option in the "Mobile Networks" menu

! have 2 of these G2 units and the other one is completely untouched and that one works fine, 4G is there and all.

I'm worried that something must have happened when I rooted using ioroot25 (EFS is backed up) or when I flashed the .kdz to upgrade to 4.4.2 (OPEN EUROPE) ?

Flashing back to 4.2.2 (HongKong) using .kdz method went fine, the device information say I have exactly the same Android version, Baseband and Build and all as my untouched G2 but still the untouched G2 has 4G option and some Chineese bloatware installed, I did not get these bloatware back when I flashed back the 4.2.2 (HongKong) .kdz

Any ideas?
25th April 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
The problem is with the ROM your using. As the stock LG ROMs are assigned to your phone's IMEI, than, if you're using a ROM version (...20a, ...20b, or ...20c) that has not been assigned to your IMEI, you will not be able to access you LTE RAT Selection.
I had this same problem way back, when the first European branded KitKats starting showing up, and I flashed the Spanish and German one, but, each time I ended up with no LTE.
Same problem sometimes happens with custom ROMs, like CM or PA. You have to ask the Dev of the OP forum from which your ROM is.
Sometimes a simple kernel change might help.
The Following User Says Thank You to palaczu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

97 posts
Thanks for the quick reply... you might be on to something there, but after flashing back my 4.2.2 ROM, I am fairly sure that should be the correct one for my phone as all the information in "About Device" is completely correct...

Just for reference, the .kdz I'm using is Hong Kong 32GB D80210B_00.kdz found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 (the same place as you suggested)

But it is strange that all the Chinese bloatware has now disappeared... My other G2 which is untouched, still has all the bloatware but the above ROM which I flashed seems to be without... So do you think that even though all the info in the "About Device" matches exactly, the ROM could still be different?

I was thinking about doing a official LG FW upgrade as their tool does suggest there is a upgrade available. Obviously I will then move on to KK again but perhaps it will be the right ROM for my IMEI which will now enable 4G. What do you think?
26th April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #6  

9 posts
There is a post somewhere on the LG G2 forum that has most of the region specific KDZ files, although I don't remember the OP title.

My 4.2.2, as well as my 4.4.2, had the following software version names:
JB: D80210c-SEA-XX
KK: D80220a-SEA-XX

Your Hong-Kong specific software version might also be D80210b-...-..., but, if you have the wrong ending, than it might not correspond with the IMEI defined one, and you still won't access your LTE RAT selection. Had the sam problem before. I was on a D80210c from somewhere in Asia, instead of Europe, and I had no LTE access. Check your full software version name in Options, versus the HK version ending.
26th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

97 posts
Thx, well currently, after having flashed "Hong Kong 32GB D80210B_00.kdz" the phone says it has the following in the "About Device"

Android version
Baseband version
M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190036
Kernel version
Build number
JDQ39B
Software version
D80210b-466-92

Which is all EXACTLY the same it had before I started doing anything to the phone and 4G was working.

It is also exactly the same as in my other G2 which is untouched and where 4G is working...
Last edited by guvno; 26th April 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank