Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Just checking my fact are correct, please verify

OP Icon000

24th April 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Tell me if any of this is wrong:
  1. Right now root will trip knox and can only be done on 4.3 or below?
  2. The kitkat update prevents root and is currently unavailable in the US.
  3. CWM & TRWP is available for this tablet.
  4. Flashing this tablet is very similar to flash a SG3. ( Not something I've heard about just trying to compare)
  5. Flashing any rom other than a version of the official Samsung rom will result in the lost functionality of the S Pen
24th April 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634
 
1,592 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

Tell me if any of this is wrong:

  1. Right now root will trip knox and can only be done on 4.3 or below?
  2. The kitkat update prevents root and is currently unavailable in the US.
  3. CWM & TRWP is available for this tablet.
  4. Flashing this tablet is very similar to flash a SG3. ( Not something I've heard about just trying to compare)
  5. Flashing any rom other than a version of the official Samsung rom will result in the lost functionality of the S Pen

1. Root will trip knox regardless your version whether it is 4.4 or 4.3.
2. Kitkat is now available for US. http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=XAR#firmware
3. Yes
4. yes
5. Just if you flash an AOSP or AOKP rom, which is not available till now, other than that any custom rom available now will give you all spen functionality.
24th April 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
1,549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
2. KitKat is rootable as well. Flash CF-Autoroot, Custom Recovery and then flash SuperSU.zip with recovery.
24th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5

2. KitKat is rootable as well. Flash CF-Autoroot, Custom Recovery and then flash SuperSU.zip with recovery.

I've been seeing people go back and forth. Are you rooted on +4.4?
24th April 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I don't want to just assume any rom other than AOSP or AOKP will have it. I tried looking around at the limited roms that are available and none seem to mention if they do or do not offer S Pen functionality. Do you know of a specific kitkat rom that does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

1. Root will trip knox regardless your version whether it is 4.4 or 4.3.
2. Kitkat is now available for US. http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=XAR#firmware
3. Yes
4. yes
5. Just if you flash an AOSP or AOKP rom, which is not available till now, other than that any custom rom available now will give you all spen functionality.

24th April 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #6  
jherring002's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

I've been seeing people go back and forth. Are you rooted on +4.4?

I am rooted in 4.4.2.

I just cf auto-rooted, restart. Update supersu from playstore. Run supersu. And I was done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 376
 
1,549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

I've been seeing people go back and forth. Are you rooted on +4.4?

Yes. The only thing that is different from 4.3 is that you have to update your SuperSu app by flashing it through custom recovery or update it through play store.
25th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon000

I don't want to just assume any rom other than AOSP or AOKP will have it. I tried looking around at the limited roms that are available and none seem to mention if they do or do not offer S Pen functionality. Do you know of a specific kitkat rom that does?

Do not assume, read the ROM description. Any ROM based on Samsung firmware has S pen, multiwindow. There are at least 2 such ROMs in development section.
26th April 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 22
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Donate to Me
More
FYI The Verizon version isn't rootable... AFAIK

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes