Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Camera use on GS5

Tip us?

Icecubed17
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.

ryshah
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecubed17 View Post
Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.
It doesn't lag. Definitely not 5-10 seconds.

emuX
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Biggest negative for the Google camera for me was that it stopped the launch from lockscreen functionality of the Samsung camera from working - and I love that feature!

Liked the photosphere though - much better than Samsung's virtual tour.

Gassity
Old
(Last edited by Gassity; 25th April 2014 at 08:00 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 66
As an experienced (mobile)photographer I'm trying a lot of camera apps to find the best one for my experience. Speaking about the Google Camera compared to the Samsung's one, I chose the second. Picture quality is slightly better, Google cam has different postprocessing, which has more digital noise. All though I found that panaromas come out with better overall exposure level, less distortions and gaps. On the other hand the focus is not as quick as SGSV Cam's, and overall stability is laggy as hell. Sammy cam is much more quick, speaking about autofocus, has more modes, gimmicks.
Let the battle begin)

hetalmp
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolig2278 View Post
Does sphere work with the Google camera?
Thanks
Unfortunately I don't think the Google camera now gives me anything extra I need. With the default camera on s5 go to modes and download the additional mode for surround shot. It does the picture like photosphere. Perhaps higher quality then the one I used in the past

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to hetalmp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nvision
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found the camera lags like crazy whichever one I use, a bit frustrating when trying to snap the toddlers :what:

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

slight22
Old
(Last edited by slight22; 26th April 2014 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
i too find the camera extremely laggy. I hit the button and then counted about 3.5 seconds before it took a photo.
A company that makes an APP should be responsible to make it for all platforms and devices. I'm not buying an Apple PoS just to use your app!!!