Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Camera use on GS5

OP tdrussell

24th April 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.
24th April 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #22  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecubed17

Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.

It doesn't lag. Definitely not 5-10 seconds.
25th April 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 85

371 posts
Biggest negative for the Google camera for me was that it stopped the launch from lockscreen functionality of the Samsung camera from working - and I love that feature!

Liked the photosphere though - much better than Samsung's virtual tour.
25th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #24  
Vladikavkaz, RNO-Alania
Thanks Meter: 96

692 posts
More
As an experienced (mobile)photographer I'm trying a lot of camera apps to find the best one for my experience. Speaking about the Google Camera compared to the Samsung's one, I chose the second. Picture quality is slightly better, Google cam has different postprocessing, which has more digital noise. All though I found that panaromas come out with better overall exposure level, less distortions and gaps. On the other hand the focus is not as quick as SGSV Cam's, and overall stability is laggy as hell. Sammy cam is much more quick, speaking about autofocus, has more modes, gimmicks.
Let the battle begin)
Last edited by Gassity; 25th April 2014 at 09:00 PM.
25th April 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 17

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolig2278

Does sphere work with the Google camera?
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't think the Google camera now gives me anything extra I need. With the default camera on s5 go to modes and download the additional mode for surround shot. It does the picture like photosphere. Perhaps higher quality then the one I used in the past

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to hetalmp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #26  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I found the camera lags like crazy whichever one I use, a bit frustrating when trying to snap the toddlers :what:

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
26th April 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 10

288 posts
i too find the camera extremely laggy. I hit the button and then counted about 3.5 seconds before it took a photo.
Last edited by slight22; 26th April 2014 at 03:14 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread