Installing Android on 2nd Gen Kindle FIRE (non-HD))

24th April 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

219 posts
i have rooted and installed playstore but am bored already. So i want to install android on this bad boy. i was going to follow http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106463 but as reading about the 2nd bootloader, im worried... I was reading about needing a fastboot cable and such. Is this the case anymore? I recall reading somethig where it wasnt needed anymore? thanks a ton!
25th April 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 608

2,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
You only need a fastboot cable if you brick it in the process. I recommend this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100963

When you goto downgrade the bootloader please check the md5sum of the bootloader before flashing it. If you don't and its bad it will hard brick. Also a good idea to put the ROM and gapps on the sdcard ahead of time.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Last edited by stunts513; 25th April 2014 at 08:12 AM.
25th April 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

You only need a fastboot cable if you brick it in the process. I recommend this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100963

When you goto downgrade the b
ootloader please check the md5sum of the bootloader before flashing it. If you don't and its bad it will hard brick. Also a good idea to put the ROM and gapps on the sdcard ahead of time.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

I appreciate your help but I read that to tauriel and it is referencing to plug in the fastest cable. Is there another way to answer fast food without the cable?
25th April 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 608

2,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amendolaro1

I appreciate your help but I read that to tauriel and it is referencing to plug in the fastest cable. Is there another way to answer fast food without the cable?

use a nromal cable and when the kindle is on run "adb reboot bootloader" or
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
26th April 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
nvm
Last edited by amendolaro1; 26th April 2014 at 02:13 AM.
26th April 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

219 posts
so i did everything correct(i think?) kindle will boot normal, but when booting, i press the power button and lets me try to boot to recovery but then it just sits there... "booting". i check chcksum and its correct... if i select boot normal it goes to normal kindle... anything/?

***update - reflashed recovery and it worked....** weird.
Last edited by amendolaro1; 26th April 2014 at 02:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread