I WANT TO START OFF BY SAYING THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE MADE A THREAD ON THIS SITE.
I FEEL MY ISSUE IS UNIQUE AND ALL HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
The tablet that I am dealing with is a "Cruz Velocity Mini Tablet" running android 2.0 and no means of installing apk's.
Currently this is the situation:
A friend of mine lent me her Chinese reader tablet.
I told her that I could probably flash a newer version of Android on it, thinking that I could finally try my hand at making a ROM because I know for a fact that there aren't many ROMs if any at all out there for a chinese off brand reader like this.
After rooting the tablet I deleted the pre installed bloatware via ADB commands (shell) including a file manager (Astro) that I believe was the only way that you could browse files on the tablet, as well as some other pre installed applications that must have been necessary in retrospect. There is no existing vending capability or market application.
I am looking to make a custom ROM (Using android Kitchen and Cywign) through following this tutorial by lokeshsaini94 yet I feel like following that tutorial won't even get me where I need to be.
- Attempting to connect the tablet to my computer with the SD inserted (with and without debugging turned on) [Failed to show up on my computer as a device or anything]
- Downloading the APK that I need from a file sharing website [Downloads fail]
- Uploading the APK that I need to my Google drive and downloading it from the tablet [Says waiting for data connection and doesn't download even though connected to our WiFi]
- Inserting the SD card into my computer, copying the APK I need over to it, then inserting the SD card back into the tablet, going into the browser and typing "File:///sdcard/<name here>.apk" to install an APK but getting an error in the installer after pushing 'install' -> 'Application not installed'
- Trying to perform a factory reset; this simply makes the tablet reboot with everything the same as it was before.
Essentially guys and gals, my tablet here is running Android 2.0, I want to update it by making my own rom for it to something at least >4.0, and it seems that I've made things worse and have no way out of this mess. I think I've essentially bricked it even though it still works.
What do I need to do to make a custom ROM let alone flash/wipe this tablet?
All help will be incredibly valuable