12th February 2014, 05:28 AM
(Last edited by mark manning; Today at 05:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,218
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
DONATE TO ME
[Mandatory] Development Forum Rules
Rules for Posting in the Development Forum
The following are a list of topics that we allow in the development forum
[DEV] - Development for any special projects or Apps
[ROM] - Custom ROMs
[KERNEL] - Custom Kernels
[MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone
[FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs
[GUIDE] - How to instructions and Guides
When possible please include screen shots for your ROM / MOD / THEME / Apps & Games
All ROM / MOD / DEV / etc... found in the development sections not created by the developer themselves, do not qualify as a development and subsequently will be moved to General.
Please remember that direct download links are preferred
Just a reminder about using the work of others
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
- Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
- Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
- Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
- Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
As always, we thank you for your cooperation!
12. Using the work of others.
If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission, and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you.
Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.
These rules apply to all software posted on XDA unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One