[Q] Verizon S4 Will Not Load Recover

OP baphelps18

26th April 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hey, sorry if this is already answered somewhere else, I have not been able to find an answer. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with MJ7. Root seems to work fine. The problem is when I try to install CWM from Rom Manger it says it installs, but when I reboot into recovery it gets an error and default to the system recovery. If I try to install TWRM it bricks the phone and I have to reflash MJ7 from ODIN to get it back then have to reroot. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a custom recovery installed so I can load some custom ROMs?
26th April 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Goldsboro
Thanks Meter: 21

74 posts
More
Locked bootloader. Can't install a recovery on anything but MDK. There is safestrap if ur want that. Look in the developer section

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
26th April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
Flag Douglasville, GA
Thanks Meter: 360

1,550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwendt79

Locked bootloader. Can't install a recovery on anything but MDK. There is safestrap if ur want that. Look in the developer section

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Safestrap is the only recovery for our locked bootloader at this time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th April 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 817

2,413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baphelps18

Hey, sorry if this is already answered somewhere else, I have not been able to find an answer. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with MJ7. Root seems to work fine. The problem is when I try to install CWM from Rom Manger it says it installs, but when I reboot into recovery it gets an error and default to the system recovery. If I try to install TWRM it bricks the phone and I have to reflash MJ7 from ODIN to get it back then have to reroot. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a custom recovery installed so I can load some custom ROMs?

You need to read the stickie in the general forum before u brick your phone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread