Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting device and warranty?

Tip us?

killomp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Rooting device and warranty?

Hi guys i'm looking for a guide to root my asus memo hd 7 tablet, i'm sure i'll find here, but i don't still know if rooting my tablet the warranty will be invalidated.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by killomp View Post
Hi guys i'm looking for a guide to root my asus memo hd 7 tablet, i'm sure i'll find here, but i don't still know if rooting my tablet the warranty will be invalidated.

Theoretically rooting will void any warranty!

If your phone hasn't a security feature that recognizes software modifications, you can set your phone back to stock in case of warranty needs.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

_dsouza_
Old
Thanks Meter 21
As LS.xD already mentioned, most manufaturers will void your warranty if you root it. But you can always unroot and return to the stock image in case you need to use your warranty. But most devices have a mechanism to set a flag to indicate that your device was already rooted in the past (such as Samsung Knox), and even "unrooting" it will not restore your warranty...