Ask a question

No registration required

Keyboard

OP composi

25th April 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

250 posts
I know there are probably a million threads about preferences of replacement keyboards but the stock keyboards on my s3, note 2, s4, and note 3 worked well so I never replaced them... however this S5 keyboard is painfully slow even with swype...

Anybody replaced their keyboard and if so, which was your preference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
25th April 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Naugatuck, CT
Thanks Meter: 64

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
I replace every keyboard with SwiftKey. Flesky is also a great keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACCUSED24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag nashville
Thanks Meter: 9

112 posts
I personally use SwiftKey. Been using that since the S2. It's aurocorrect is amazing and it's predictions work well. I paid for it (3 or 4 bucks I think) but the free version works fine. You can type really quick and it also includes a Swype option (they call it "flow") you can also let it scan your emails, Facebook posts, texts, etc and it'll learn how you actually type, memorize what slang you use, etc.
Lots of customization options down to the look, feel, what certain actions do (double tap space bar for period, auto caps, etc).
The straight up Google keyboard works very well too. There's also Fleksy which is still a tad new and a lot of people like it, just didn't work out that we'll for me.
Hope that gets you started!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cadorette For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

5 posts
More
Well, for me..I love Google keyboard. A lot of people i mean most people use Google keyboard. Its really awesome, easy and clean. If you dont like it, You have to play with it a while until you will get use to it. You can get it at google play store and search Google keyboard.

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tianwonna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and comments! I'll try some of those out!
The Following User Says Thank You to composi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
I've actually just been using the stock Samsung keyboard this whole time. I liked the overall feel of it, plus the predictions were accurate. After reading this thread, I gave SwiftKey a try...wow, what a night/day difference. I never realized how slow Samsung's keyboard was until I tried SwiftKey, lol. I've been playing around with it for most of the day and needless to say...I'll definitely be keeping Swiftkey as the default
The Following User Says Thank You to karmuh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuh

I've actually just been using the stock Samsung keyboard this whole time. I liked the overall feel of it, plus the predictions were accurate. After reading this thread, I gave SwiftKey a try...wow, what a night/day difference. I never realized how slow Samsung's keyboard was until I tried SwiftKey, lol. I've been playing around with it for most of the day and needless to say...I'll definitely be keeping Swiftkey as the default

Yeah the reasons I asked this questions is 1) I know for a fact my Note 3 keyboard was faster and more responsive, and 2) I have a Moto X and I know how fast a keyboard can be. Glad this was able to help someone other than myself though!
The Following User Says Thank You to composi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 155

1,811 posts
SwiftKey is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 59

235 posts
SwiftKey is the best hands down. Very fluent, responsive, and smart. However it doesn't support emojis or Evernote in the official release.

Download the most up to date beta from their website, the download is located here: [URL]http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/new-swiftkey-beta-update-march2014/[URL]

That'll show you what the official one is going to be at soon. I use emojis in various things other than texting so I'm using the beta now but I have bought the official release because of how good it is. I wouldn't use any else. The "thumb" layout is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Br4nd3n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #10  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br4nd3n

SwiftKey is the best hands down. Very fluent, responsive, and smart. However it doesn't support emojis or Evernote in the official release.

Download the most up to date beta from their website, the download is located here: [URL]http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/new-swiftkey-beta-update-march2014/[URL]

That'll show you what the official one is going to be at soon. I use emojis in various things other than texting so I'm using the beta now but I have bought the official release because of how good it is. I wouldn't use any else. The "thumb" layout is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I did notice the strange omission of the emoji's. Also glad to see they added a number bar to the top. While it takes up a little bit more screen real-estate, it definitely comes in handy for me. I got around it with the public release by decreasing the long-press time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread