[Q] Experimental Kernel on Mahdi Rom

• Thread starter Deleted member 5373808
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5373808

Does anyone know what the Experimental kernel does?There are no informations about it in the OP of the Rom...I downloaded it but it appears to be for the Nexus 5...What is the difference between this kernel and the rom-kernel???

ruibing

Sep 26, 2012
After updating to the latest Mahdi rom and backing up what I had, I flashed the experimental kernel and wiped cache/dalvik.
It wouldn't boot, so I had to restore what I had.
No idea what it was supposed to do.

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
After updating to the latest Mahdi rom and backing up what I had, I flashed the experimental kernel and wiped cache/dalvik.
It wouldn't boot, so I had to restore what I had.
No idea what it was supposed to do.

Yeah, if it said it was for the nexus, it wasn't going to work. Kernels should be device specific, and I am very skeptical of those that have been supposedly ported over, rather than compiled from the device's kernel source and then updated with new options.

Experimental in regards to kernel devevelopment means there are probably issues beyond the norm.

ruibing

Sep 26, 2012
Yeah, if it said it was for the nexus, it wasn't going to work. Kernels should be device specific, and I am very skeptical of those that have been supposedly ported over, rather than compiled from the device's kernel source and then updated with new options.

Experimental in regards to kernel devevelopment means there are probably issues beyond the norm.

The filename is Mahdi-Hammerhead-exp-4.4.2-v1.7-23-03-2014.zip, but I thought that just meant it was somehow derived from the Nexus 5. Don't know why it would be posted in the Mahdi rom OP if it didn't have a chance of working.

D

Deleted member 5373808

To make myself clear.I said that nexus 5 thing, because the file of the kernel says hammerhead..But everything is fine..I use the rom as it is....I want to thank the dev for this amazing rom..A big thank you to all the devs..All of them have put a lot of work to their projects..I just made a question about this kernel.nothing else..Thanks for the reply.. :)

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
To make myself clear.I said that nexus 5 thing, because the file of the kernel says hammerhead..But everything is fine..I use the rom as it is....I want to thank the dev for this amazing rom..A big thank you to all the devs..All of them have put a lot of work to their projects..I just made a question about this kernel.nothing else..Thanks for the reply.. :)

Mahdi has a good reputation for being dependable. Glad you found something you like!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mahdi has a good reputation for being dependable. Glad you found something you like!