Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTc one md5 mismatch, no stock rom access and custom rom leads to bootloop

OP 2411247

26th April 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I am very new to the entire rooting side of android and my first try at getting a custom rom went bad.
I have an htc one international variant. I successfully rooted it. After rooting i tried installing a custom rom called Android_Revolution_HD-One_62.0, which once installed via 'recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-m7' gave the installation prompts. after following them it just gets stuck in an endless boot loop alternating between htc logo screen and few seconds of clockwork mod screen.

I cleared all data, and cache before trying to install the above mentioned rom,
I made a backup of my stock version using the backup feature on clockwork mod but after failing with the custom rom, i tried to restore the back up but it gave me md5 mismatch issue.

So now I can't fix that issue on my phone and neither is the adb commands able to find my device to fix the md5 mismatch.
Please help me anyway possible.
Thank you
26th April 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 328

1,457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2411247

I am very new to the entire rooting side of android and my first try at getting a custom rom went bad.
I have an htc one international variant. I successfully rooted it. After rooting i tried installing a custom rom called Android_Revolution_HD-One_62.0, which once installed via 'recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-m7' gave the installation prompts. after following them it just gets stuck in an endless boot loop alternating between htc logo screen and few seconds of clockwork mod screen.

I cleared all data, and cache before trying to install the above mentioned rom,
I made a backup of my stock version using the backup feature on clockwork mod but after failing with the custom rom, i tried to restore the back up but it gave me md5 mismatch issue.

So now I can't fix that issue on my phone and neither is the adb commands able to find my device to fix the md5 mismatch.
Please help me anyway possible.
Thank you

The ARHD thread says you need TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery for 62.0. Try installing that, full wipe then reflash.
26th April 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

The ARHD thread says you need TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery for 62.0. Try installing that, full wipe then reflash.

I am trying that out right now but it seems to always get stuck on the 'entering recovery' screen. I flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 and erased cache after, but still this happens.
Last edited by 2411247; 26th April 2014 at 06:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread