[Q] Alarm when phone is off

Search This thread

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
Hello everyone,
I was just asking if there is a way to make the alarm ring even when the phone is completely turned off. I had a problem with my phone that it couldn't charge when it was turned on, and I found out that it was the socket's problem. I got it fixed. But during this time, I had to use a very old Nokia as an alarm. Is there any way to make the alarm ring even when the phone is off?
I read a few similar threads, and some said no. But aren't there apps that schedule automatic power on and off? Some phones actually have this built-in. Is there an alarm clock app that has the feature to power the phone on and ring?

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy SII (i9100G) with CM11.
Thank You in advance!

_dsouza_

Apr 22, 2014
Porto Alegre
As far as I know the alarm of all smartphones does not work if the phone is off.

This is something that works only with basic phones ("feature phones"). This is likely due to the fact that smarphones have to boot a full OS in order to handle such tasks, which requires the phones to have the OS running in order to have alarms working.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
As far as I know the alarm of all smartphones does not work if the phone is off.

This is something that works only with basic phones ("feature phones"). This is likely due to the fact that smarphones have to boot a full OS in order to handle such tasks, which requires the phones to have the OS running in order to have alarms working.

Nah, some phones have it built in like that. First time I had that was from a little crappy Huawei Mercury. Was so confused. It happened like 2 or 3 days in a row before I realized what was going on and that I was not in fact, crazy (in that instance).

Or this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.nomoarpowah works on older Samsung phones that can auto turn on the phone at a custom time (before alarm).

Maybe something with Tasker and custom profiles could be done...?

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo

I have seen in the HTC One thread that its alarm can ring even when it is powered off completely.

Or this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.nomoarpowah works on older Samsung phones that can auto turn on the phone at a custom time (before alarm).

Maybe something with Tasker and custom profiles could be done...?

Thank you so much, I am definitely gonna try this app. And I have Tasker, but I don't know how to use it. So, can you please tell me how to do it with Tasker or custom profile?

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
I have 4 Android devices. The 2 Sony's don't turn on with an Alarm.

The Huawei and the Lenovo do turn on with an alarm. They also have scheduling to be turned on and off.