Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GS5 Tips and Tricks thread

Tip us?

stopeject
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
WHAT IF something involving a liquid did happen to your device though? I' sure you'd be quite pissed that your device could've survived man!
The rest of the phone is still protected, and you will be able to store that flimsy cover for the times when it will be needed. I'm not sure it will remain tight for long if opened and closed every day. It is easy to reinstall the cover before a beach or camping trip.

Joe0113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeject View Post
The rest of the phone is still protected, and you will be able to store that flimsy cover for the times when it will be needed. I'm not sure it will remain tight for long if opened and closed every day. It is easy to reinstall the cover before a beach or camping trip.
How do you figure that the rest of the phone will still be protected? If someone spills water or something on your device, it's not gonna not go in the charging port and avoid it lol.......... you will be screwed dude..
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

stopeject
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
How do you figure that the rest of the phone will still be protected? If someone spills water or something on your device, it's not gonna not go in the charging port and avoid it lol.......... you will be screwed dude..
As I said, this is a matter of security vs. convenience. Not everyone is art risk of a spillage at all times. I've had cell phones for over 20 years, and never had a water intrusion problem. In fact I don't think I eve lost any electronics due to a water damage. Also many people have extended warranties or insurance policies that cover water damage. I think that the risk is miniscule, and the cover is irritating. Samsung probably thought about it and this is why they made this cover easily removable.
This is not an iPhone. You always have a choice.

eyecon82
Old
Thanks Meter 1648
you can disable the useless "my magazines" by long pressing on homescreen, and unchecking my magazines in the options....and then you also turn it off in apps manager and its gone

its essentially a flipboard widget, and you can't even log into it