Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade from 7.7 to 8.4

Tip us?

vivalamoza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Question [Q] Upgrade from 7.7 to 8.4

I currently own a 7.7 and I use it as my daily driver as phone/tablet and I'm very happy with it

I have noticed a few users here saying they previously owned a 7.7 and now upgraded to the new 8.4 (logical as the 8.4 seems like the natural upgrade to 7.7) and I want to ask those users if the upgrade was worth it?

I have no complaints with my 7.7 screen which is super or the processor which is fast enough, the only issue I usually face is with the RAM since there is only 1GB and usually I only have about 200+- of RAM available.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Current ROM: Stock 4.1.2 Rooted

Baseband: P6800XXLA1

Device: Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition
Current ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4

Device: Asus Nexus 7 (2012) 32 GB WIFI
Current ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4

My Device History

Click The "Thanks" Button If It Helped

RobilarOCN
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza View Post
I currently own a 7.7 and I use it as my daily driver as phone/tablet and I'm very happy with it

I have noticed a few users here saying they previously owned a 7.7 and now upgraded to the new 8.4 (logical as the 8.4 seems like the natural upgrade to 7.7) and I want to ask those users if the upgrade was worth it?

I have no complaints with my 7.7 screen which is super or the processor which is fast enough, the only issue I usually face is with the RAM since there is only 1GB and usually I only have about 200+- of RAM available.
The Tab Pro is a much faster tablet. The screen is fantastic but different in it's presentation to your Super AMOLED+ screen. I had the Toshiba AT270 (which uses the same screen as the Samsung). I am happy with the upgrade but colors are a bit stronger on the AMOLED screen.

It's a worthy upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobilarOCN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megatooth
Old
(Last edited by megatooth; 26th April 2014 at 06:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 95
I gave up on N3 for T325. But no suport...